Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Injuries

Ani

Seen Hutch play a few times, mainly in pre season friendlies. Decent shot stopper who will get better.

If he has to step in though think we would have to be more circumspect with our high risk pksying out from the back, mainly because of his relative inexperience.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Both key players in different roles.

Thomason can fire balls out that nobody else can. Hes can also get physical and isnt bullied easy. Obviously he takes that side to his game a little too far.

We are worse without him thats for certain.

You could make an argument for all of them as to what they’re ’best’ at.

Sheehan is our best midfielder though. No doubt whatsoever. The others can be replaced by each other, he can’t.

41 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Sheehan is our best midfielder though. No doubt whatsoever. The others can be replaced by each other, he can’t.

I'd agree with that.  Sheehan's the only one I think "oh no" when he's not playing.  And he can have poor games like they all can, but he's the one that makes us tick if he's on his game.  I do get what Tomo brings to the team but my first reaction when he's not playing is "less bookings, less free kicks given away, the game will flow better".  But that's probably a bit harsh, just instinct.

6 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

He’s probably playing cautious and hutch will be sat on the bench

IMO he won't get on the bench, that would be at the expense of a 1st team regular.  If he's on the bench I'd expect Coleman has a niggly minor injury or something.  Hutch will be back up for last minute injury or ilness.

I'm surprised its taken so long to recall him, I wonder if they were trying to get an emergency loan of an established keeper but weren't permitted to while Hutch is on the books.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Aye cant argue with that. Hes bloody brilliant is Sheehan and pivitol to us.

Think GS is the best of the rest mind.

Apart from when hes shoving fireworks down his underpants that is.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Both key players in different roles.

Thomason can fire balls out that nobody else can. Hes can also get physical and isnt bullied easy. Obviously he takes that side to his game a little too far.

We are worse without him thats for certain.

I see him as our best at pressing the opposition quickly, higher up the pitch.

Makes Sheehan's job easier, and gets us on the front foot.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, L/H White said:

man bar sat morn

Which meaning are you using for the word “bar”?

Bar as in place selling alcoholic beverage or bar meaning except.

Man except Saturday mornings is something we already knew.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Zico said:

"George is back, Rico will be back,

Randell Williams and Dion Charles are not far away,

we’ll know more about Nathan Baxter next week as well,”

smiled the Bolton boss

Let’s get this going at Blackpool. What tune?

edit - I’m currently running with Don’t break my heart, my achy breaky heart - Billy Ray Cyrus 

Edited by MickyD

23 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Let’s get this going at Blackpool. What tune?

edit - I’m currently running with Don’t break my heart, my achy breaky heart - Billy Ray Cyrus 

Actually fits perfectly with the current “we’ve got super Ian Evatt” ditty

48 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Looking like season over for Taylor, ligament damage 

He will go back to West Brom if that’s the case feel sorry for him could have played a part in our promotion.

Shame for Taylor and really tough to come in the middle of a back 3 at 24hrs notice. But we needed him for those few games.  Has performed well in the circumstances and will no doubt get better.

Walked past the training ground this morning.  They were training on the (very wet) grass and could see Rico in there in what looked like a 10 v 10 with no keepers.  Gilks was training the keepers by the path in a right muddy hole, Baxter was there goal keeping glove on this left hand and pot on his right.  Think they were practicing playing it out 🙄

Training ground needs some money spent on the pitches/drainage - it's been a wet winter.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Macauley Bone I think , cynical bastard on a young lad too 

Hope he gets kicked in the nads very soon.

Referee must have seen it , bloody incompetent.

It was right in front of us.

He raked him right down his achilles and pretended that it was an accident, knew exactly what he was doing.

Ref gave us an uncontested bounce up - the useless twat.

Bonne & Taylor putting in shithouse tackles/off the ball elbows because they can't do f all on the pitch these days. Two strikers who can't hack the fact that they're absolute shite journeymen & not even small scale L1 teams want them for more than a few months after being somewhat assets a few years ago. Even though we hardly seen the lad much, Taylor be a big miss purely for his size/aerial prowess for the scenarios we're we'll be under the cosh having balls put into our box at will trying to grind results. Absolutely paramount that Santos/Forrester don't get any setbacks when returning now because Iredale/Toal/Geth trio looks very leaky to say the least