Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, bwfc87 said:

Always thought Ashley Fletcher was meant to be a good player. Didn’t realise he was with us at youth level before going to Man Utd.

He played with my lad at Eagley and the head coach, Quinn Beech was head-hunted to run a satellite Man U coaching session at Smithills School. Ash Fletcher went with him. 

Deluded fuckers them lot, on their transfer thread,

League One out of contract players and Premier League out of contract players is were we should be focusing our main attention. Can get some gems released from Premier League clubs and also mid table, bottom half League One players who have impressed but refused to sign a new contract as want to move to a bigger club, as League One clubs struggle to get players on long term contracts.

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

League One out of contract players and Premier League out of contract players is were we should be focusing our main attention. Can get some gems released from Premier League clubs and also mid table, bottom half League One players who have impressed but refused to sign a new contract as want to move to a bigger club, as League One clubs struggle to get players on long term contracts.

They'll all be rushing to sign for a club with a board that has a track record of not getting the wages paid on time at the end of the month. #believe

2 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Do they not read what the owner said weeks ago wage bill as to be cut by a third and make better use of the youth teams ffs they are so deluded!! Watch this space because it would not surprise me if the players fail to be paid in the next few months . 

• Members

Still sitting around sipping a cocktail with a massive smugness brought about by the future non leaguers and the tangerine twats being relegated whilst we have won a Wembley final and in with a big chance of promotion involving another big day out at Wembley.

Not a smoker but if I was, a big fat stogey soaked in spiced rum would be on the menu. If Accrington and Morecambe also go I might have to try it and cough my ring up in celebration.

No matter what happens in the playoffs, it has been a very satisfying season.

2 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

Back at work and first thing a Wigginer says is "we'll go straight back up", I didn't have the heart to argue with him, sad twat

More likely straight through to League two for me. In fact it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they weren’t here next year because I wouldn’t have any confidence in their current owners sticking around and I doubt there’s a line of buyers waiting to take it off their hands?

16 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

More likely straight through to League two for me. In fact it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they weren’t here next year because I wouldn’t have any confidence in their current owners sticking around and I doubt there’s a line of buyers waiting to take it off their hands?

I wish.  It just doesn't seem to happen to this lot.  

Some (most) of them are incredibly deluded and seem to think they’ll go up again, despite being down to bare bones, and by virtue of having won the league a few times in recent history. 

What they’re failing to realise is they’ve won it unsustainably, and certainly wouldn’t have gone up this season with last season’s squad IMO. 

Looking forward to seeing them continue to drop.

16 hours ago, Rizlar said:

Do they not read what the owner said weeks ago wage bill as to be cut by a third and make better use of the youth teams ffs they are so deluded!! Watch this space because it would not surprise me if the players fail to be paid in the next few months . 

Presumably if they were to be paid late again - which i have to say i think highly unlikely - it would trigger another points deduction next season  ?

This acquisition has turned into a nightmare for their current owner,  its common knowledge he has tried to sell up but no one is interested, and to offload it  now  he would literally  have to give it away which he does not appear to be able to afford to do.  

Its the perfect unhappy marriage 

2 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Presumably if they were to be paid late again - which i have to say i think highly unlikely - it would trigger another points deduction next season  ?

This acquisition has turned into a nightmare for their current owner,  its common knowledge he has tried to sell up but no one is interested, and to offload it  now  he would literally  have to give it away which he does not appear to be able to afford to do.  

Its the perfect unhappy marriage 

And they're still under investigation for not depositing 125% (?) of their monthly wage bill into a bank account to mitigate future wage bill non-payments; with any penalty (points deduction?) being applied next season 😁🤣🙏

42 minutes ago, JOGLER said:

And they're still under investigation for not depositing 125% (?) of their monthly wage bill into a bank account to mitigate future wage bill non-payments; with any penalty (points deduction?) being applied next season 😁🤣🙏

Yep. It was an absolute instruction with which they failed to comply.  They're still broke, they'll default again. One of those where they need a quick, 'clean' collapse so they can start again but they've done that before. Unless someone comes in, again. 

9 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Can't see what the Bahrainis were thinking when buying these lot, poor support, a ground that will always be half empty, non to little corporate income, no massive income from merchandise, begs the question who if anybody would buy them?

Correct, you would have thought that  any " legal" business people wouldnt touch them with a bargepole!

37 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Can't see what the Bahrainis were thinking when buying these lot, poor support, a ground that will always be half empty, non to little corporate income, no massive income from merchandise, begs the question who if anybody would buy them?

It felt odd at the time. We are obviously biased but even from a very logical "hard nosed business" standpoint it didn't really stack up. There was an FA Cup win and a fairly recent Prem history but even the most basic research would have shown how that was achieved. If this Talal bloke didn't know the meaning of the phrase "flogging a dead horse before" he does now. I hasten to add though - I still don't think this will be a sudden and catastrophic demise. There'll be a period of lurking in League 1 before the real rot sets in.

43 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

They came in quite late. Had a Spanish mob leading the chase for a while who had less money than these men

bought it, spent big to get promoted and expected one of 2 things - sell for a profit as a champ club or increase ST sales massively (reportedly the expected a 50% increase) 

either way their due diligence is worse than the EFLs 

6 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

They came in quite late. Had a Spanish mob leading the chase for a while who had less money than these men

bought it, spent big to get promoted and expected one of 2 things - sell for a profit as a champ club or increase ST sales massively (reportedly the expected a 50% increase) 

either way their due diligence is worse than the EFLs 

Aye. Is there an Arabic word for "tinpot"? If not I've a feeling it'll soon be "Wigan". 

#believe

As part of the 2022/23 Wigan Athletic season ticket package, all 2022/23 season ticket holders are entitled to TWO additional match tickets for the visit of Rotherham United to the DW Stadium on Monday 8 May (kick-off 3pm).

Over 15,000 have already secured their ticket for the final game of the season as Latics aim to head into a new chapter next season on a more positive note and it is a chance to show your support to Shaun Maloney's men for one final time this season.

Please note tickets are based on a first come, first serve basis. Once the stadium capacity is reached there will be no more tickets available.

Over 15k - surely thats bull shit!!!!!