Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What do you buy for a 100 yr old woman?

Traf

Get her now that's what I call music 1922. 

Seriously though if she's still with it ask her if there's anything in life she hasn't done she wished she had and try and make it happen. 

I lost both remaining grandparents last year and they'd both pretty much sat in chairs waiting to die after their spouses had past many years earlier. 

Get her up dancing to a bit of basement jaxx

• Site Supporter

Was my Gran's 90th a few weeks back, flowers and chocolates were the best received presents as she's under no illusions that she needs anything. That said, she was bought some new slippers, treated to some fancy nails and a foot bath and loved those too.. 

Got her some tickets for the cricket, but was just looking for something tangible to give her at her party on Sunday.

Thanks for the ideas, probably get her a cake/biscuit/confectionery type hamper from Marks. 

5 hours ago, Morizio said:

I just wonder that after the gathering, celebrations and the gifts that what she’ll treasure most, is the memory and the time, presence and company that all her beloved friends and family gave her. 

If I make it to 100 (unlikely) I want big fuck off gifts from everyone. No expense spared.