Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich away

gonzo

1 hour ago, desperado said:

I think that partnership can work against certain opposition in certain games, it’s the front 3 (including Lee) we had against Sunderland. But I agree it didn’t quite yield the results today - Ipswich dealt with them well.

On another point. The stream here in Tenerife was fine, as I take it, it is most of the time as a resident? If so I’m surprised the Giddy Goose (Bolton pub here) don’t use ifollow to show it. It’s not that pubs don’t/wouldn’t do - I went for a wander earlier and the “Tenerife Wolves” pub said he’d happily put it on for us. But I really just couldn’t bring myself to set up there for he day! 😂

There's another topic there!  Which pubs of other teams could you comfortably sit in for a few hours?  I bet if it had been a Charlton, Norwich or WBA pub you would have happily stayed.  We could all real off plenty of pubs we wouldn't hang around in even if there were none of their fans to be seen, Wolves being one of them.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, woolli said:

Decent hotel. We live near the airport, only 10/15 mins from where you are by bus. A place called Las Chafiras. How long you here for? WW meet up?

Cheers for offer pal.

Only here till Tuesday. 

Been a great hol. Nice hotel, well placed, sorted by @Traf tours.

Back for Wycombe next week 👏

1 hour ago, desperado said:

Cheers for offer pal.

Only here till Tuesday. 

Been a great hol. Nice hotel, well placed, sorted by @Traf tours.

Back for Wycombe next week 👏

No worries pal. Could meet up at Travellers Rest, just round the corner from where you are staying. Monday aft?

6 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Up top?! He’s RWB

Rookie mistake of quickly looking at the BBC line ups whilst out in the middle of nowhere.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62274964

They put him in the top 3 in a 4 3 3😆

Pleased with today, bit concerning with their dominance at the end of the second half but trust Evatt & the lads to learn from it.

Edited by London Wanderer

Decent result, great start then they took over. Young lad at right back was our MOM.

Their subs improved them, ours did not. We were getting over run in midfield and bringing Kachunga  on was a strange one. 
Dempsey was out with a knock apparently and nothing to do with alleged legal issues. But even with him we need another midfielder, especially with extra subs. 

23 minutes ago, Ani said:

Decent result, great start then they took over. Young lad at right back was our MOM.

Their subs improved them, ours did not. We were getting over run in midfield and bringing Kachunga  on was a strange one. 
Dempsey was out with a knock apparently and nothing to do with alleged legal issues. But even with him we need another midfielder, especially with extra subs. 

It was never going to happen, but would’ve been interesting to see us start with either Baka or Bodvar up top and had Dapo on the bench. Brought him on after 60 to run riot with fresh legs.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Smiley said:

It was never going to happen, but would’ve been interesting to see us start with either Baka or Bodvar up top and had Dapo on the bench. Brought him on after 60 to run riot with fresh legs.

I doubt Dapo would ever be happy with being an impact sub. I wonder if starter at home games and impact at away games would work.

35 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Dempsey in place of mj.     Mj wasnt up to the pace 2nd half.   

Tbf to MJ they had 4 in midfield and bought on subs. Just based on today they used the subs better than we did. Implies they have stronger depth !

We need a midfield bastard ! Being saying it all summer ! 

Edited by Ani

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

Dadi was ace with his tackle back in the 95th minute but yes I agree.w

im never going to that shithole again unless promotion is at stake

6 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Don't forget we have Sheehan to return. Midfield isn't somewhere we're short.

Sheehan coming back from best part of a year out will need time. We ended up with Tequila in the Lee role yesterday, Morley )who is a great player btw) and MJ both knackerred. And Sheehan is not a midfield bastard 😁
It is all about opinions and not sure how much of yesterdays game you saw or if you went ( not a dig btw if you did n't) but second half we were getting over run and had nothing on bench , hopefully the 'knock' Dempsey got was an injury rather than a knock on the door but he has not had a run in the side yet and I just think an extra body there would make a real difference.