Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dempsey

Rizlar

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I need to read it again. I was thinking the bouncer was the fella who'd had a pop previously!

Certainly an interesting day to say the least, and its probably fair to say there may be some mitigation when the judge makes his decision.

Previously this thread has dwelt on what's often the difference between a custodial and other sentence - whether someone's got previous. If he has none and there's the mitigation to which you refer, the hope would be he'll avoid doing time. Anyway - we'll know soon enough now.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

The article is quite confusingly written, but it sounds like he played for us in the afternoon. Then got sparked out in the street. Followed the guy who did it into a club. Attacked an innocent bouncer, got thrown out. Then smashed through the door and gave the doorman another kicking.

Which, by anyones standards, is quite some fucking day.

Pretty much, which you can imagine being quite plausable..

end up with community service, Sounds like he's shown remorse in court "You were out of control weren't you"..."Yeah".. 

Let's be honest, most people on here, if they were sparked out, would want round 2.. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

end up with community service, Sounds like he's shown remorse in court "You were out of control weren't you"..."Yeah".. 

Let's be honest, most people on here, if they were sparked out, would want round 2.. 

Indeed.

Think I'd wait a bit though.

Nails these fellas. :)

1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

The article is quite confusingly written, but it sounds like he played for us in the afternoon. Then got sparked out in the street. Followed the guy who did it into a club. Attacked an innocent bouncer, got thrown out. Then smashed through the door and gave the doorman another kicking.

Which, by anyones standards, is quite some fucking day.

I’ll wait for the musical to come out. Seems a lot went on.

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Does he not realise there's a club shop, for sorting such differences out ?

If you think Bolton is bad for resenting locals doing well for themselves, West Cumbria is ten times worse.

Dempsey gets dog abuse from pissed up locals, gets in a bit of a fracas with a group of them and gets sparked out. Goes back later with his dad (who is as handy as fuck) looking to settle the score and the doorman "gets in the way"

Edited by Traf

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Traf said:

If you think Bolton is bad for resenting locals doing well for themselves, West Cumbria is ten times worse.

Dempsey gets dog abuse from pissed up locals, gets in a bit of a fracas with a group of them and gets sparked out. Goes back later with his dad (who is as handy as fuck) looking to settle the score and the doorman "gets in the way"

Reckon it's got to be community service.. he can teach kids how to playfootball.. start with Mbete and Shortire.. 😛 

33 minutes ago, Traf said:

I reckon the doorman is part of the original stuff

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I need to read it again. I was thinking the bouncer was the fella who'd had a pop previously!

Certainly an interesting day to say the least, and its probably fair to say there may be some mitigation when the judge makes his decision.

especially if there were any homophobic alice band comments

On Cumbria website

Kyle Dempsey, of Blackpool, and his dad, of Whitecroft, Maryport, gave evidence at Carlisle Crown Court yesterday after the prosecution opposed their self-defence claims.

Today, Judge Ian Unsworth KC, after weighing up all evidence and submissions in the case, rejected the pair’s contentions.

It had been, said the judge, a scene of total chaos in which innocent women bystanders both took cover and tried to retrain the footballer.

“I am satisfied so that I am sure that Kyle Dempsey was not defending himself. He was out of control, in his own words he had completely lost it,” said Judge Unsworth.

He was also totally satisfied that Michael had not acted in defence of his son, nor had the pair been subject to a significant degree of provocation.

It was wildly excessive, ruthless and merciless, said the judge, an ugly, crude attack.

Judge Unsworth adjourned the hearing for a short time to consider victim impact statements, detailed mitigation on behalf of the two defendants and is due to pass sentence later this afternoon. Both Kyle Dempsey and Michael Dempsey have been granted bail in the meantime.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

On Cumbria website

Kyle Dempsey, of Blackpool, and his dad, of Whitecroft, Maryport, gave evidence at Carlisle Crown Court yesterday after the prosecution opposed their self-defence claims.

Today, Judge Ian Unsworth KC, after weighing up all evidence and submissions in the case, rejected the pair’s contentions.

It had been, said the judge, a scene of total chaos in which innocent women bystanders both took cover and tried to retrain the footballer.

“I am satisfied so that I am sure that Kyle Dempsey was not defending himself. He was out of control, in his own words he had completely lost it,” said Judge Unsworth.

He was also totally satisfied that Michael had not acted in defence of his son, nor had the pair been subject to a significant degree of provocation.

It was wildly excessive, ruthless and merciless, said the judge, an ugly, crude attack.

Judge Unsworth adjourned the hearing for a short time to consider victim impact statements, detailed mitigation on behalf of the two defendants and is due to pass sentence later this afternoon. Both Kyle Dempsey and Michael Dempsey have been granted bail in the meantime.

Not looking good is it. 😓

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Is the judge saying there that he wasn't knocked out previously, or insufficient evidence of it?

Would have imagined there maybe cctv available in the town centre to verify it.

Don't suppose it matters if he's not twatting the bloke who knocked him out

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Don't suppose it matters if he's not twatting the bloke who knocked him out

Get that, but it would act as a mitigating factor, if he had been beaten up shortly before- its bound to affect your reasoning and decision making.

Not saying it changes the offence, no excuses, but it may just ease the sentence a touch.

Seems that the judge is having none of it though, so it's fingers crossed time.