Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

• Site Supporter

Close to being the best day of my life that.

Perfect in every way.

I didn’t think Reading could ever be topped but given what’s happened the last few years, today might just have edged it.

my lad and me had a hug and a bit of a cry after the 4th goal and I’ll die a happy chap that this football club gave me a moment of bliss like that.

Thanks Shazza and co.

I fucking LOVE football, me, I do.

We were magestic obviously, but how fucking poor were Plymouth & their fans?

Men against boys on the pitch, so they resorted to trying to break a couple of legs, then when their players came back down to the pitch after collecting their losers medals their fans  had all deserted them.

Shite support, never heard a peep out of them all day.

Green Army? Yeh right, fuck off.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Just seen the tackle on Toal. That is a red card all day long. Spineless assault. Hope he’s ok.

Only just catching up with this myself. It really is horrendous. If his foot gets planted there, that would have been career ending, it would have completely snapped in two.

It looks bad enough anyway, I’d be amazed if he plays again this season. At best it’s a really bad twist/strain - I bet it’s black and blue this morning.

• Members

Hung over. Up all night, couldn't sleep after watching that.

Three things I just can't work out:

1) How they avoided two red cards.

2) How it wasn't 5-0 or 6-0 by half time.

3) How the one cleared off the line did not result in a penalty for handball?

Fantastic to see Ivan Campo going mental and Sharron getting just reward for offering us salvation.

Superb support - did the other lot turn up at all?

6 minutes ago, desperado said:

Only just catching up with this myself. It really is horrendous. If his foot gets planted there, that would have been career ending, it would have completely snapped in two.

It looks bad enough anyway, I’d be amazed if he plays again this season. At best it’s a really bad twist/strain - I bet it’s black and blue this morning.

Complete shithouse tackle that 😡 hope he’s ok for the remaining games. 

Just woke. It wasn’t all a lovely dream was it? 

Sensational performance, fast, flowing, confident football. Argyle were terrible, but I can’t imagine any team would have coped with us today even on a good day. 

Just laid a marker for the playoffs there, nobody will want to play us judged on that. Time to kick on now EIEIEIO

30 minutes ago, Matt Lofthouse said:

Complete shithouse tackle that 😡 hope he’s ok for the remaining games

Id be shocked if he isn't done for the season and some. That was a Vinnie Jones type cowardly shit. There's  leaving something on and trying to win the ball and there's going out with the the sole intention of injuring someone. That was blatant 

Just a brilliant day, it is hard to explain to non Bolton fans what this club means to so many people. We were hours from going out of business run by a real cowboy. Now we are on the way back sensible but passionate owners.

The challenge is pushing on from here hopefully into play offs. But I think yesterday lays the foundations for a whole generation of new supporters. There will have kids there yesterday who might have done the odd game going forward but will be much more likely to commit a bit more.

genuinely an emotional day 

What a day that was yesterday. Completed London Landmarks HM in the morning wearing my North Bolton Runners vest. So many people talking to me on the way around saying Come on you Whites and Come on the Wanderers was amazing. Finished about 1245pm then hotfooted/limped it to Wembley with my Mrs,her daughter and my daughter. Never thought it would be that easy but we totally outplayed Plymouth from start to finish. They couldn’t handle Dion and Kachunga up front and Rico had Hardie in his pocket all game. Just seen the tackles on Sheehan/Toal by Mayor/Cosgrove. Absolutely shocking and cowardice. 2 defo reds for me. 4 nil flattered Plymouth in the end. Mrs was crying (even though she’s not a football fan) and both daughters were crying. Even I was welling up in the end. 4 years ago today we were playing HMRC away just to stay in existence now we’ve taken 34k to Wembley and won the EFL Trophy. Just need to get that play off place secured and we can beat anyone on our day in the playoffs. Confidence will be Sky high. Looking forward to Exeter away on Friday. 

2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Baker Street was pumping before the game nice seeing faces I hadn’t seen for years, we end up back in May will do the same some good boozers 

I’ll be doing something similar if we end up back there in May, getting to the stadium/fan zone to early turned out to be a farce. 

Just now, royal white said:

I’ll be doing something similar if we end up back there in May, getting to the stadium/fan zone to early turned out to be a farce. 

Totally rammed was it?

you see that on Facebook about a coach that fucked off leaving 49 at Wembley had to get train back 

• Site Supporter
On 19/10/2022 at 14:56, desperado said:

And that was my point. A final at Wembley could/would/should be a great occasion and reward for our young fans especially. 

I share your disgruntlement with the u21 involvement. But I probably disagree with how we respond to that. I respect your right to abstain and continually moan about it, in the hope that somehow it changes the decision makers minds.

I choose to accept that our actions/moaning won’t change anything and therefore I’m happy to try and turn this into something that could be positive and rewarding. In the same way that IE is viewing it as something to aim for and achieve.

Surely you can see how a Wembley appearance could be a positive for our young fan base?

Crowd/attendance wise, I’ve just had a quick look back to 88/89 early crowds/interest are very similar to this season. Whether we would be getting 9/10k for an area final is debatable, but I’m hoping a final would create a 15/20k interest.

(Happy to accept I maybe completely wide of the mark with this and my Nostalgia/Optimism is clouding my expectations! - but that’s me, always looking for the positive angle, life is too short to be moaning/miserable - especially on my birthday! 😊)

Bit unlike me, but I’m going to be a little self-indulgent here.

Home and the 2 aways (Tranmere and Accy) I’ve watched every game in this comp this year.

Back in Autumn and very much against popular opinion I took interest in the hope that we might make it all the way. I just had a feeling this could be something significant.

I must admit now it was a bigger and better than I ever imagined!

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Totally rammed was it?

you see that on Facebook about a coach that fucked off leaving 49 at Wembley had to get train back 

Not sure if it was the same one, but some lads I know where on one that did the same. Left young kids stranded.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Just a brilliant day, it is hard to explain to non Bolton fans what this club means to so many people. We were hours from going out of business run by a real cowboy. Now we are on the way back sensible but passionate owners.

The challenge is pushing on from here hopefully into play offs. But I think yesterday lays the foundations for a whole generation of new supporters. There will have kids there yesterday who might have done the odd game going forward but will be much more likely to commit a bit more.

genuinely an emotional day 

I didn’t travel but totally got the same feeling had a bit of grit in the eye when gethin scored and looked to the sky, and at the final whistle knowing the Bolton hordes hadn’t been let down, still not fussed about the trophy more excited that a new generation of fans got to see us win at Wembley and the implications it’ll have for our support going forward… fantastic day. Proud to be a Wanderer. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, kevsta69 said:

What a day that was yesterday. Completed London Landmarks HM in the morning wearing my North Bolton Runners vest. So many people talking to me on the way around saying Come on you Whites and Come on the Wanderers was amazing. Finished about 1245pm then hotfooted/limped it to Wembley with my Mrs,her daughter and my daughter. Never thought it would be that easy but we totally outplayed Plymouth from start to finish. They couldn’t handle Dion and Kachunga up front and Rico had Hardie in his pocket all game. Just seen the tackles on Sheehan/Toal by Mayor/Cosgrove. Absolutely shocking and cowardice. 2 defo reds for me. 4 nil flattered Plymouth in the end. Mrs was crying (even though she’s not a football fan) and both daughters were crying. Even I was welling up in the end. 4 years ago today we were playing HMRC away just to stay in existence now we’ve taken 34k to Wembley and won the EFL Trophy. Just need to get that play off place secured and we can beat anyone on our day in the playoffs. Confidence will be Sky high. Looking forward to Exeter away on Friday. 

Just realised who you are. I’ve liked your Twitter post this morning (I’m CV - ex Ironman 😂

Great effort with the run yesterday.

What a day 👏