Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (H)

globaldiver

7 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

For the old gimmers amongst us didn't we suffer home defeats in the run ins of 76 and 77 that ultimately cost us?  York and Carlise(?) both got relegated I think but won at Burnden late in the season. 

Certainly remember the York game it was a disaster at the time 1-2 I think .Carlisle home defeat was the season after we lost 3-4 on a waterlogged pitch again shooting ourselves in the foot in consecutive seasons , although it was not quite at the end of the season.

Edited by Take Hunt Off

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Certainly remember the York game it was a disaster at the time 1-2 I think .Carlisle home defeat was the season after we lost 3-4 on a waterlogged pitch again shooting ourselves in the foot in consecutive seasons , although it was not quite at the end of the season.

the york game was unbelievable, their player shot , the ball stuck in the mud on the goal line , everyone stopped , the referee then looked to see if it was over the invisible line and awarded the goal , why didn't any of the defenders just hoof it away, it will never be seen again.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

the york game was unbelievable, their player shot , the ball stuck in the mud on the goal line , everyone stopped , the referee then looked to see if it was over the invisible line and awarded the goal , why didn't any of the defenders just hoof it away, it will never be seen again.

When you think of the quagmires which pretended to be football pitches in the 70s it just shows how far grass technology has come. No way would we still be playing on grass.

9 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He is really edgy in that interview 

I think we all are R2R especially after Tuesday thinking which team will turn up today but we’ve every right to be positive because we know we’re a better team than Fleetwood and if we take the chances we will definitely make we should win. I think the boys will be determined to put that result right today and I’m sure IE won’t let any negative thoughts prevail so come on you Whites a good win today and Tuesday will be forgotten. Actually it wouldn’t surprise me if one or both of Derby and Posh slip up today too! 😉

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He is really edgy in that interview 

I don’t think edgy is the right word to describe Evatt’s interview.

To me he’s calm, clear, coherent and i think a better word to describe his balanced outlook is “circumspect” - which is the right tone. If he came on laughing, ultra positive after a defeat at home it would be wrong. He’s talked about where they need to improve and how he/they intend to put it right. 

George’s interview is the same. He talks about having the situation under control, there’s a job to do, no nerves taken onto the pitch, fully focussed.

Perhaps it’s just me with my positive outlook, but those interviews suggest they’ve dissected the defeat, the deficiencies in front of goal in the last 3 games and they have attempted to address these. And they have done this while understanding they are doing a lot right, keeping a positive mindset going into our last home league game.

Never a logical formula but those interviews suggest they are well prepared for today.

Win incoming 😊

COYFWM 👏

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

3-0 - early Bradley goal settles us down and we take them to pieces, should be 6.

Posh draw 0-0 with Bristol Rovers and our play off spot is all but confirmed.

What Accrington game?

That would leave Posh 4 behind with 1 to play, struggling to see how we fuck that up.