Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (H)

globaldiver

3 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Never been a big Kachunga fan, but played better recently and today was his best performance so far. His close control is light years better than Charles.

He played well today, even though he tried to " con" that he had scored! Yes control better, but light years behind Charles scoring stats!

43 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Another few comments about pressure and ‘over reaction’. 
I know we are a fickle lot but he needs to be careful about consistently referring to fan reaction. 
Last Saturday there was regular comments from Evatt on the reaction of the fans 1st half. 
BEN jump on this and before you know it there’s another article of evatt defending January signings or pleading for calm or talking about tiring teams out before attacking.

Slippery slope

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

I know we are a fickle lot but he needs to be careful about consistently referring to fan reaction. 
Last Saturday there was regular comments from Evatt on the reaction of the fans 1st half. 
BEN jump on this and before you know it there’s another article of evatt defending January signings or pleading for calm or talking about tiring teams out before attacking.

Slippery slope

Give over. 🙄

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Slippery slope

I know what you mean, and Evatt has made similar points before.

That said, results have remained decent, we've a trophy in the cabinet, and I reckon he's got plenty of credit with fans in general.

In reality, he is always going to defend his players publicly- wouldn't expect anything else- but I'm sure he is aware of the shortcomings so far, and will work with Vic during the closed season.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Form goes out the window but you also need form going in to them if that makes any weird sense? On that basis I’d take Weds over Barnsley 

Thing is, weds won 3 in a row 

Barnsley 1 win in 4  

I'd rather face Barnsley over two legs and weds at Wembley

Or Derby at Wembley but definitely not over two legs

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Barnsley 1 win in 4  

Take 1 game at a time whoever we play.

12 minutes ago, Zico said:

Barnsley 1 win in 4  

Same thought process as me. Out of Sheff Weds, Barnsley and Derby, I’d rather face Barnsley in a 2 leg tie - mainly because I think the away leg would be our biggest challenge of the 3 games and I think we’ve got a better chance at Oakwell than going to a sold out Hillsborough or Pride Park (we’d lose there if we were playing their U18s).

If we get past Barnsley then based on how we took Plymouth to pieces at Wembley I wouldn’t be concerned against either Derby (who are scraping into the play offs and are full of old men) or Sheff Weds.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Same thought process as me. Out of Sheff Weds, Barnsley and Derby, I’d rather face Barnsley in a 2 leg tie - mainly because I think the away leg would be our biggest challenge of the 3 games and I think we’ve got a better chance at Oakwell than going to a sold out Hillsborough or Pride Park (we’d lose there if we were playing their U18s).

If we get past Barnsley then based on how we took Plymouth to pieces at Wembley I wouldn’t be concerned against either Derby (who are scraping into the play offs and are full of old men) or Sheff Weds.

Yep agree. Barnsley over two legs is hard but Derby or Sheff Wed away is harder. We do need a good home performance in the first leg though whoever we face.