Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan 1 Wanderers 1

Ratwhite

I know, shouldn't bite but I'm bored and still fucked off about last night! Probably wouldn't rise to anybody else but someone from Wiggin of all places trying to put anywhere else, never mind us, down ha ha. Fuckin place is most famous for something that doesn't exist. All that's left this seasons trying to flush that turd.

I've now lived in the south of England for 15 years due to work. During that time I've met people from just about all of the places in the North West of England. Plenty of Bolton, Manchester, Liverpool, Preston, Rochdale, Bury and Oldham people etc. Quite common even to meet people from places like Blackburn, Accrington and Burnley.

Never once have I met someone from Wigan. In fact apart from seeing the gathered throng of bedwetters in the South Stand at the Macron once a season I don't think I've ever encountered anyone from Wigan outside of the town itself. There seems more chance of meeting someone from North Korea.

Perhaps this accounts for the timewarp feeling that is evident on visiting Wigan. Attitudes well and truly stuck in the 70s, outside influences rarely allowed to permeate. When you're a town that makes Blackburn and Burnley appear cosmopolitan by comparison, you should be embarrassed.

I'm the first to admit that Bolton is far from the tourist destination of northern England and the town centre has gone down the nick in recent years. However Wigganers stuck in their stagnant swamp of a town are the last people to be criticising Bolton

I've now lived in the south of England for 15 years due to work. During that time I've met people from just about all of the places in the North West of England. Plenty of Bolton, Manchester, Liverpool, Preston, Rochdale, Bury and Oldham people etc. Quite common even to meet people from places like Blackburn, Accrington and Burnley.

Never once have I met someone from Wigan. In fact apart from seeing the gathered throng of bedwetters in the South Stand at the Macron once a season I don't think I've ever encountered anyone from Wigan outside of the town itself. There seems more chance of meeting someone from North Korea.

Perhaps this accounts for the timewarp feeling that is evident on visiting Wigan. Attitudes well and truly stuck in the 70s, outside influences rarely allowed to permeate. When you're a town that makes Blackburn and Burnley appear cosmopolitan by comparison, you should be embarrassed.

I'm the first to admit that Bolton is far from the tourist destination of northern England and the town centre has gone down the nick in recent years. However Wigganers stuck in their stagnant swamp of a town are the last people to be criticising Bolton

Hear hear, we'll said.

If you asked a Wiganese type they will point out t'horwich's proximity to Wigan compared with Bolton.

From my house, albeit I am on the border, Bolton town hall is 2 miles nearer than Wigan town hall. Having said that, Chorley town hall is a mile near than Bolton's.

Quiet night in the NB household.

The casual racism from piemon so typically Wigan.

Running the club must be a step down from the chippy eh?

You are Sharpey and I claim my ten pounds.

Casual racism? aye oreet.

You obviously wasn't around on rivals. JCL. I was unaware that only folk from Bolton could criticise the town. The only thing Bolton TC has over Wigan is poundshops. 

Full marks to all for trying to defend the indefensible. Your council has failed you

Used to be a good night out Wigan, for what it's worth bury town centre is much better then both. Back to the thread I'm loving the idea of sending wigan down but there's a small part of me that's started to enjoy the rivalry. Be a bit gutted to not see games against them anymore. Class atmosphere the Friday night at home and at their place last year. Couple of more years might have become a proper derby but guessing they'll be back to playing chorley soon.

• Moderators

Last time I was out in Wigan, every cunt was ramming plant food up their nose. Classless fuckers.

It's problems are twofold, too many steroid head ten-men and they don't like people singing Wanderers, Wanderers, Wanderers.

Used to be a good night out Wigan, for what it's worth bury town centre is much better then both. Back to the thread I'm loving the idea of sending wigan down but there's a small part of me that's started to enjoy the rivalry. Be a bit gutted to not see games against them anymore. Class atmosphere the Friday night at home and at their place last year. Couple of more years might have become a proper derby but guessing they'll be back to playing chorley soon.

I don't miss Tranmere and Bury and I will not miss fucking Wigan

Fuck'em