Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Manager

Take Hunt Off

• Members

Maybe but at Arsenal, he is more involved. Think I read he has a degree in economics and was instrumental in getting the new ground. He also has a lot of say about what goes on in the background. Which could be why they don't sack him but my move him 'upstairs'

• Site Supporter

A Sunderland fan, st holder, tells me that when Reid was there he had a deal whereby the chairman would set a budget for the season, and whatever Reid didn't spend he got a cut off

Must be true if a ST holder said it.

• Site Supporter

A Sunderland fan, st holder, tells me that when Reid was there he had a deal whereby the chairman would set a budget for the season, and whatever Reid didn't spend he got a cut off

Maybe so, but at the same time it would have been linked to end position in the league I would have thought?

I really want to believe in our new owners. I would hate to think they are two bit muppets still controlled by Eddie Davies without a clear strategy of how they want to take the club forwards.

Watch this space..

Still irks me that. But, probably a question for leyther Matt? Has he done well at hibs. The article I have read seems to suggest they might look to get rid if they don't go up.

If he can get us back up I'd be able to forgive him

Still irks me that. But, probably a question for leyther Matt? Has he done well at hibs. The article I have read seems to suggest they might look to get rid if they don't go up.

If he can get us back up I'd be able to forgive him

League Cup Final and Scottish Cup Final this season. Brought a few kids through and plays a decent brand of football. However, made a right hash of the league having been in with a shout of the title in January, eventually finishing third having lost to a few of the part time teams, including already relegated Alloa. Through to the next round of the play offs (bit of a complicated system) but even then it needed turning round a 1-0 deficit from the first leg against part time Raith. Still got a year or two on his contract I think so can't see us paying compo anyway.