Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Not Attention-Seeking But I Might As Well 'come Out '

Youri McAnespie

Bloody hell Youri - sorry to hear this.

As others have said, this place is a good one for support.

You can beat it - I know a good few who have mate.

Thanks, Bolty. Still up at the moment as my flight is at daft o clock...

I'll sort mesen out, It's been a bit emotional to have the support of the lads on here, got me through a bit of a ropey patch. Cheers fellas.

• Site Supporter

I like a beer as much as the next man but it isn't a problem turning it down for me - but I can easily understand it can does become a problem. Keep yourself away from temptation, easier said than done I know. Get out and about walking or down the gym etc.

Best of luck with knocking it on the head. I'm sure it won't be easy but it's better than the alternative

Been there myself Youri, and not to belittle the problem, for me it was surprisingly easy  to just give it up and never touch it again.The only really difficult occasions were works dos but im old enough to have got over that now, its over 20 years since I touched a drop.
It wasnt even  a problem the first few days, I was very ill and couldn't have faced any anyway.
Going on a diet I find is harder, once you've eaten something which you have to do, the craving to carry on is there.With booze without taking any the craving soon goes and doesn't come back.