Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

London Tower Block Engulfed In Flames

Dr Faustus

• Site Supporter

Great insight into the professionalism and bravery of our firefighters MickyD.

Bravo sir.

Thanks but I thankfully saw nothing like this. I've no doubt that in their situation is have done my bit as per the training but I'm thankful I never had to.

Must admit, the account above gave mange chills.

Wonder how many had insurance

Not sure that matters, they would only have contents insurance (if they have any at all) as opposed to buildings insurance (with them being rental flats) and that wouldn't pay out until after an investigation is completed, which in this case could take months and months.

I've seen some idiots saying they shouldn't be getting anything off the Government (I think they got £5K yesterday) as they should claim on their buildings insurance.....which you wouldn't expect them to have.

Not sure that matters, they would only have contents insurance (if they have any at all) as opposed to buildings insurance (with them being rental flats) and that wouldn't pay out until after an investigation is completed, which in this case could take months and months.

I've seen some idiots saying they shouldn't be getting anything off the Government (I think they got £5K yesterday) as they should claim on their buildings insurance.....which you wouldn't expect them to have.

As council tenants we can only get contents insurance.

The building is the councils so they insure that.

• Site Supporter

they were quite fancy flats... a few pics have been released and the ones that had been "done up", looked quite nice..

I'd imagine a lot would have insurance, it's mandatory for rented

however I imagine a lot won't have taken it out..as it's never checked...

they were quite fancy flats... a few pics have been released and the ones that had been "done up", looked quite nice..

I'd imagine a lot would have insurance, it's mandatory for rented

however I imagine a lot won't have taken it out..as it's never checked...

I have never heard of buildings insurance for apartments. It's covered in the building charges

• Site Supporter

Yet Corbyn was ridiculed for suggesting similar.

Can't believe you're making this tragedy political.

I was merely pointing out that the authorities have re-homed the victims.

Gosh, Traf.

These properties are social housing stock within a larger development thus completely different from what our IRA loving weasel of a party leader was stupidly suggesting

He was suggesting that the large number of empty properties in the area be used as at least temporary housing for the victims of the tragedy.

I see nowt wrong with that.