Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next 7 Games - Predictions?

Mantra

• Site Supporter

21 points.

Not enough for direct promotion.

Wigan and Rotherham too far ahead I reckon.

Interestingly, before the end, we have to play the bottom 4 away, and play some of the tougher games (on paper) at home.

We've also finished against Rotherham, Sunderland, Wycombe which is no bad thing.

Plymouth have fallen away a little too, so there are no games that should be too daunting.

Wigan will be tough of course, but it's a Derby so who knows. 

7 minutes ago, Traf said:

I can't envisage anything worse than getting knocked out by those cunts.

It would be awful but on the flip side, imagine we knocked them out, perfect revenge.

Can't see it happening anyway, they'll go up automatically for sure.

Rotherham are head and shoulders above. Wigan not sure. Maybe I'm just bias but...

https://footystats.org/england/efl-league-one/xg

..according to these stats Rotherham have the best xG and the best xGA(expected goals against) in the league.

Wigan have the second best xGA to be fair but are 10th for xG, one place below us funnily enough.

They've also had a lot of stuffy last minute winners. Not saying they don't deserve to be up there, obviously they have a good team but I think the table may flatter them slightly.

Obviously can't just boil everything down to xG and xGA I appreciate that. Fuck em though I'm taking whatever I can 😀

Edited by Mantra

3 hours ago, Mantra said:

Rotherham are head and shoulders above. Wigan not sure. Maybe I'm just bias but...

https://footystats.org/england/efl-league-one/xg

..according to these stats Rotherham have the best xG and the best xGA(expected goals against) in the league.

Wigan have the second best xGA to be fair but are 10th for xG, one place below us funnily enough.

They've also had a lot of stuffy last minute winners. Not saying they don't deserve to be up there, obviously they have a good team but I think the table may flatter them slightly.

Obviously can't just boil everything down to xG and xGA I appreciate that. Fuck em though I'm taking whatever I can 😀

Someone on here said months ago Rotherham would win the league and comfortably (whilst they were down around mid table as it happened)  Can’t think who it was. 

Sorry to bring us back down to earth but would happily take us staying up this season. Yeah I can be negative but I think fans are getting a bit over excited after a few good wins. Focus on games individually like Mr Evatt does. 

mutley x

We have a very fresh squad and we have players on the bench who we can bring on to rest the starters, the key games are the ones against the teams in the top 8 we must win as many of these games as possible we have Oxford, MK, Wigan, Sheff Wed, Plymouth, these games will play a massive part on where we end up, its a tall order think we have left to much to do... but worth a punt at the 100/1 I got on promotion.