Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gillingham (A)

burnden

11 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Was the fan who took ill ok?

Was one of their stewards, she seemed alright being taken out in a wheelchair afterwards on oxygen. Hope she's okay.

Gillingham were dreadful pure relegation fodder, we did the job.

Deffo should have been more but who can moan at a 3-0? Looked very comfortable all the way through and defended our box relatively well when balls came in. Guilty of overplaying at times trying to cut inside for the extra touch when we may have been more ruthless just lashing it across goal but we got what we deserved in the endgame. Thought we'd have a tougher game than that tbf think thats the first time under Harris that theyv've been well beaten so the players can take somethng out of that

4 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Routine win in the end. Portsmouth and Plymouth at Home is where the real tests lie.

Exactly, we’ve got to win games like today (and Morecambe) in order to make the games like Plymouth and Portsmouth mean something.

3 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Fookin buzzin.  Beers before the game with plenty of Wanderers fans in the Southern Belle, totally professional performance, never in doubt. Brilliant day

Grim place that pub. Gillingham in a nut shell

20 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Routine win in the end. Portsmouth and Plymouth at Home is where the real tests lie.

Well if we can win our 2 home games next week, even if every other result goes against us, worst case scenario is we'll be 10th, 4 points of 6th place if my maths are right.  Would be good to beat Morecambe and feel like the Plymouth game is a bit of a 6 pointer, nobody expected that when they were top and beating us 3-0.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Yep

Well I consider myself anti-United, I don’t have a problem with it. And more to the point I don’t know why it would be a problem, I take it you’d have to have some red influence to understand 😂 

Is it because they sing a similar song?

5 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Last 7 games, they've won 3, drawn 2, lost 2.  You were the only team to beat them easily, the other defeat was 1-0 (Ipswich away).  They don't score many (5 in 7) and don't concede many (4 in 7) so with our inability to equalise the first goal is likely to be the winner.  It would be nice if we could break our duck today and get the first goal away from home.

Told you they were shite.

Morecambe surprisingly tame today as well

12 minutes ago, desperado said:

Well I consider myself anti-United, I don’t have a problem with it. And more to the point I don’t know why it would be a problem, I take it you’d have to have some red influence to understand 😂 

Is it because they sing a similar song?

Something like that pal😀

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Something like that pal😀

😂

Have a good journey back. Gutted I missed that one today. Great professional performance. 2 home wins this week and we could be looking at a very positive position this time next week. 👏