Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Deadpool 2023

stevieb

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

The other one isn't too well either i don't think.

He had an issue on his brain iirc. Think he might be OK now.

Just looked, it was an aneurysm. 

Myers lost his fiancee to cancer in 98, and himself had a cyst thing in his head drained.

Been a rough do for them both.

Apparently Si was with Dave when he died. Shame.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68433675.amp

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

Seen a documentary about Si once, it might have been about diets or drinking, however he was quite honest about the amounts he was pouring down his neck, think it shocked him when he realised but he certainly likes a drink.

On 29/02/2024 at 23:56, Duck Egg said:

Richard Lewis gone apparently. Only ever seen him in Curb

In last night's new episode at an AA meeting where Larry turned up to meet Irma and scoff some free donuts.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Only found out with him dying that She's The One by Robbie Willams was a cover.

12 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Get out of town

So it is

News to me too 

Interesting back story 

The song's producers, Guy Chambers and Steve Power, used the drummer and bassist of World Party's touring band (neither of whom played on the World Party version) to perform the backing track for Williams, resulting in a very similar-sounding cover. World Party's frontman and songwriter Karl Wallinger was not made aware that a cover was going to be released using his own band. When the song became a hit, and after having experienced a near-fatal brain aneurysm around the time of the song's release, Wallinger stated that he experienced "ongoing bitterness", going on to say that "the song had a much better time than me, popping off to the Brits while I was at home eating crackers dipped in water".

When introducing the song in live performances, Williams often claims that it is one of the best songs he's ever written, despite not actually having written the song. This culminated in a telephone outburst from the song's actual writer, Wallinger, to Chambers, stating "Your fucking friend Robbie Williams. Tell him from me that he's a cunt". Williams has never publicly acknowledged that "She's the One" is a cover of the World Party's track although in a 2019 commercial for his album The Christmas Present featuring Amazon Alexa,[when Williams claimed he had written the song, the device states that he did not write She's the One, to which Williams admits "no, I didn't"

• 2 weeks later...