Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan (H)

desperado

Losing 4-0 to United hurts but nowhere near losing by that score to Wiggin. But beating United generates more joy than beating the Wigan mob.

I get great joy out of watching the mancs have a poor result but a bad result for the pie eaters barely registers.

I suppose I want us to be better than Wigan. So us being top of the shop with them in midtable obscurity mean their individual results don't matter. But when we play them we better beat them otherwise I'll be proper pissed off

The tics are complaining about the Utd fans getting the East Stand 8000 tickets. A director as responded stating that they need the revenue because season tickets sales are less this season and average crowds are down from last season! He also goes onto say they are losing money every week and that is why they are giving Utd the East Stand to generate income. 

24 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

The tics are complaining about the Utd fans getting the East Stand 8000 tickets. A director as responded stating that they need the revenue because season tickets sales are less this season and average crowds are down from last season! He also goes onto say they are losing money every week and that is why they are giving Utd the East Stand to generate income. 

Let’s hope they end up with more stands as it still won’t stop them losing money but makes them even more pathetic 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Rizlar said:

Give Utd the entire ground

15 hours ago, Rizlar said:

Hopefully that means they'll have to shed another two or three players in January. Not playing them on 6 Jan is therefore a blessing. Let's wait until after the window has closed. 

..... and I bet they don't give us 8,000 tickets regardless of how desperate for cash they are.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

..... and I bet they don't give us 8,000 tickets regardless of how desperate for cash they are.

I doubt we’d ever want them unless the rearranged game is tagged onto the exciting end of the league programme and there’s a chance of promotion being gained there…

Oh, and they somehow find an available Saturday or Sunday to play it.

A Tuesday night in Wigan isn’t everyone’s idea of a good night out.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

I doubt we’d ever want them unless the rearranged game is tagged onto the exciting end of the league programme and there’s a chance of promotion being gained there…

And yet we will managed to sell out for a first round League Cup game last season.

Not a prayer they’d be allocating the East Stand for a league game (unless they do it permanently again next season….) but I’d certainly fancy us to shift 6k+ given the chance

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

I see your point re a Tuesday night but even then I think we'd sell 6,000 plus. If it was towards season's end with a lot riding on it then I think we'd sell the 8,000. It's all academic. It would go against every fibre of their beings to do such a thing. Never underestimate how much they hate us.

21 hours ago, Rizlar said:

A director has responded stating that they need the revenue because season tickets sales are less this season and average crowds are down from last season!

He also goes onto say they are losing money every week and that is why they are giving Utd the East Stand to generate income. 

Still very hand-to-mouth then

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

I see your point re a Tuesday night but even then I think we'd sell 6,000 plus. If it was towards season's end with a lot riding on it then I think we'd sell the 8,000. It's all academic. It would go against every fibre of their beings to do such a thing. Never underestimate how much they hate us.

Fans may hate us but the owner will look at us and see ££££££££££££££££££££ if its towards end of season and a win gets us promoted

We did 7.5k for a nothing game at rovers on a Sunday. Granted it was a tenner but it’s funny how ticket sales snowball for some games. Sat in mid - late April and we are where we are there would probably be the demand but they would never approve that. Half of their fuckers are red anyway so far more palatable 

5 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

And yet we will managed to sell out for a first round League Cup game last season.

Not a prayer they’d be allocating the East Stand for a league game (unless they do it permanently again next season….) but I’d certainly fancy us to shift 6k+ given the chance

We have the potential to take 6k to Wigan even for a night match, but unlikely if they charge us about £30, plenty will say bollocks to that.

I think the cup tie was £10 adults £5 others.

3 hours ago, paulhanley said:

The owners that make the decisions probably haven't heard of Bolton never mind have any feelings of hate.  If they could get us to buy 8k tickets instead of 4k I'm sure they would, but it can't happen for league games when they have ST holders in 3 stands.