Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (H)

Big E

1 hour ago, 1969 said:

Just got back( had to leave a bit early due early start I morning) that was a struggle.1st half thought we got better as it went on.

2nd half thought we was to cautious Santos for me had a shocker and every time he fucked up tried to blame someone else 

Mom between Vic and baxter

I think Baxter just edged it by about 200% 😀  Good finish by Vic, otherwise very poor, weak and no first touch, this wasn't the Vic we saw v Luton. 

No outfield player played well although I will say its the brightest I've seen Charles look in a long time, full of enthusiasm and waspish endeavour, just his touch and lack of strength letting him down sometimes, but a big improvement.

Awful. MOTM is a tallest dwarf event for this one.

Baxter probably. Williams Big Vic Dion and Legohead might get 5/10s

rest very poor, back three scared to just head the ball, Sheehan European hide and seek champion, Paris fucking tart, Cogley anonymous.

They had to do very little to cause us problems, Legohead I think misses 2 , Dempsey seemed injured. Would leave Morley, Madeline McCann and Paris with the hopefully returned CMG available in midfield on Saturday. 

Took me big coat with me today but after getting out the car it felt mild so left it in the back seat. Normally would leave it in the boot, but at the weekend a can of Stella exploded after me flying around some hard corners, normally wouldn't be a problem but I dodged getting a bag for 20p and paid the price of loose cans.

So big coat got left and I went with blue Adidas jacket and hat. Felt a great decision all way through to around 60 mins, then I got cold, and wished I had the big coat. Battled through, survived and got home in one peace. 

Three points, too 👍

7 minutes ago, Ani said:

Awful. MOTM is a tallest dwarf event for this one.

Baxter probably. Williams Big Vic Dion and Legohead might get 5/10s

rest very poor, back three scared to just head the ball, Sheehan European hide and seek champion, Paris fucking tart, Cogley anonymous.

They had to do very little to cause us problems, Legohead I think misses 2 , Dempsey seemed injured. Would leave Morley, Madeline McCann and Paris with the hopefully returned CMG available in midfield on Saturday. 

It’s clear we need reinforcements the players are blowing out of their backsides. 

5 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Took me big coat with me today but after getting out the car it felt mild so left it in the back seat. Normally would leave it in the boot, but at the weekend a can of Stella exploded after me flying around some hard corners, normally wouldn't be a problem but I dodged getting a bag for 20p and paid the price of loose cans.

So big coat got left and I went with blue Adidas jacket and hat. Felt a great decision all way through to around 60 mins, then I got cold, and wished I had the big coat. Battled through, survived and got home in one peace. 

Three points, too 👍

Ne’er cast a clout at the ‘book

Evatt confirmed Thomason now out for 2 league games now because of 10th yellow card. Williams also picked up an injury as well.

Absentee list is rocking up now with:

Jones, Williams, Thomason, CMG, Forrester and Johnston all unavailable.

Additions now vital.

Edited by Lostock Whites

Just now, Lostock Whites said:

Evatt confined bo Thomason for 2 league games now because of 10th yellow card. Williams also picked up an injury as well.

Absentee lost rocking up now with:

Additions now vital.

And Nlundulu too. 

4 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Yep! Forgotten him there.

I think we need at least 2, possibly 3 defenders in (LWB/RWB, CB, CB), midfielder and a striker now 

Possible Dempsey as well 

Edited by Farnywhite

10 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Evatt confirmed Thomason now out for 2 league games now because of 10th yellow card. Williams also picked up an injury as well.

Absentee list is rocking up now with:

Additions now vital.

CMG back this week 

• Site Supporter

I might be being harsh, but I think Santos got caught on the wrong side of the defender and played others into trouble far too often in the first half.

Apart from the three points it was a forgettable evening.

Going past a shut Fanzone reminded me of a Scooby Doo episode after.

6 minutes ago, FrancisFogarty said:

I might be being harsh, but I think Santos got caught on the wrong side of the defender and played others into trouble far too often in the first half.

Santos doesn’t look 100% fit, let’s hope we can patch him up and go again on Saturday. 

Terrible conditions. Seems we were playing against 2 sides - Cheltenham and Wind FC.

All the players get a free pass from me. And I imagine from Ian Evatt too.

Iredale, not sure if he had a great game or a shocking game, but he was certainly involved.

Edited by Cheshire Youri

Maybe this is the wake up call that the club need .

we’re not as good as we think & having the injuries coming thick & fast at this time at least gives some valid reason for squad strengthening .

Always felt this game was a banana skin so quite happy to have negotiated it with three points.

2 minutes ago, Cheshire Youri said:

Terrible conditions. Seems we were playing against 2 sides - Cheltenham and Wind FC.

All the players get a free pass from me. And I imagine from Ian Evatt too.

Iredale, not sure if he had a great game or a shocking game, but he was certainly involved.

I'll help you out here, he wasn't good.
Lucky not to see a card for persistent fouling

50 minutes ago, MickyD said:

When was the last team to put three players on the half way line whilst defending our corners? Cocky cunts!

Good luck to anyone who challenges the stupid policy of dragging everyone back.

Put it this was, when they leave 3 up we have to have at least the same stay with them ... & any clearance isn't guaranteed to be immediately put back in. Bravo.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

One thing I just can’t get on board with, and I’m fine with playing out from the back - Santos’ straight ball into the forwards which on most occasions gets picked off by the defender up Vic/Charles’ arse and inevitably ends up with them on the counter because we’ve pushed up the pitch. I just can’t see that Evatt wants him to play that pass with such danger around it but he plays at least one every game and then usually ends up scrambling to make up for it - shits me up every time!

Do you mean the “straight ball” from Santos that resulted in the only and match-winning goal tonight? 

17 minutes ago, FrancisFogarty said:

You're not being harsh, he looked like he'd never faced windy conditions, starting positions constantly too high, caught under the ball, forwards getting wrong side of him. They should have made a lot more of such an occasion early 2nd half when he allowed ball to float beyond him and forward drift beyond him. 

The walking forward, stopping then chipping it forward in the air was painful, taking midfield out of the game and inviting them to win it and put us back under pressure. He holds us back when he persists with it.