Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool (A)

Duck Egg

33 minutes ago, Ani said:

The ball comes on from left, so Rico is in front of their man, if he shepherds the ball out probably nothing is given as he tries to slide and wrap his foot it all goes wrong. 

Good point , I think Rico could have possibly blocked the ball before it got to the forward , especially with his long legs , but I suppose it's a lot different in the heat of the moment . If Coleman stays near his line they don't score i.m.o

• Site Supporter

Not read back through this thread but yesterday was abysmal - the manager and players deserve every pelter coming their way.

Yes the ref was crap but we can't keep blaming them. Time to take our own responsibility. Missed 2 gilt edged chances in the 1st half. The defending was worse than schoolboy.

If this team plays in the championship next season, expect relegation. We'd get thrashed by mid table teams playing like that.

To say I feel deflated is an understatement. We'll likely have a chance to avoid 47 years or whatever it is next season if we keep playing like that.

These players have some making up to do on Tuesday

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Not read back through this thread but yesterday was abysmal - the manager and players deserve every pelter coming their way.

Yes the ref was crap but we can't keep blaming them. Time to take our own responsibility. Missed 2 gilt edged chances in the 1st half. The defending was worse than schoolboy.

If this team plays in the championship next season, expect relegation. We'd get thrashed by mid table teams playing like that.

To say I feel deflated is an understatement. We'll likely have a chance to avoid 47 years or whatever it is next season if we keep playing like that.

These players have some making up to do on Tuesday

BI-DBUDCUAATrty?format=jpg&name=small

5 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

BI-DBUDCUAATrty?format=jpg&name=small

That was a play off game I am pretty sure. Also terrible use of space. Imagine going to play off game and thinking I will make a banner just in case. 

5 minutes ago, Ani said:

That was a play off game I am pretty sure. Also terrible use of space. Imagine going to play off game and thinking I will make a banner just in case. 

I think they had blown a double digits lead at the top, slid down to the playoffs.

WBA either pipped them to promotion, or beat them in the playoffs.

33 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Another who can’t be arsed to look back- If Santos has committed a foul in playing the ball, shouldn’t a yellow suffice? Wasn’t he spend shown a straight red? 

In which case red card is rescinded per double jeopardy 

That ref was looking to send any Bolton player off; bastard

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

IMG_3420.jpeg.866e458e2ccd58dce828c4dfa5bfbe7d.jpeg

It’s a pen. Not having it that it’s a red card for being a nasty tackle though, one-footed and clearly trying to hook the ball and hence catching the guy with his laces rather than studs.

I imagine the ref will have to state what the red was for, whether it was denying a clear goal scoring opportunity or dangerous tackle and that will determine how we appeal (and also length of ban because isn’t one 1 game and the other 3?)

Either way, I think it gets rescinded because it’s a genuine attempt at playing the ball and isn’t a dangerous tackle.

On the replay a couple of pages back, it looks like Santos catches him first with his left leg, which is why the Blackpool player is already on his way down by the time he also cleans him out with his right leg.

Reckon it's 50/50 whether it gets overturned. If the refs view was/is that it was a cynical foul where he's dived in with no chance of getting the ball, I'm not sure if that can really be disproven. It's not clear evidence like mistaken identity or when that replay showed the ball hit the Derby keeper in the chest.

As somebody said it's not just a defeat, but the club from top to bottom letting us down by not showing any bollocks against a rival, derbies were always fire and fury, but these soft bastards just throw the towel in when the chips are down, blame the ref all we want, but you could see from minute 10 Blackpool wanted it far more than we did,

7 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

As somebody said it's not just a defeat, but the club from top to bottom letting us down by not showing any bollocks against a rival, derbies were always fire and fury, but these soft bastards just throw the towel in when the chips are down, blame the ref all we want, but you could see from minute 10 Blackpool wanted it far more than we did,

This is about right. We hear platitudes all the time about "knowing what it means to the fans". They don't. Not like Blackpool and Wigan do as football clubs, from top to bottom. Those talking about our style of play not being suited to derbies have a point too - but this underlies the whole thing. Hopefully we see some grit on Tuesday, not banking on it.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Girls in the ticket office have a lot to answer for as to why we can’t win at Blackpool!

Their tea ladies puts extra sugar in their tea when Bolton are coming to town.

• Site Supporter

Been searching for the right words, but I’ve come to the conclusion there’s just too many mixed/conflicting emotions going on. Not the right time for any positive slants and there’s enough doom and gloom to read so no need for more. 

Better to wait till after Tuesdays game to see whether that was “another one-off”

8 minutes ago, desperado said:

Been searching for the right words, but I’ve come to the conclusion there’s just too many mixed/conflicting emotions going on. Not the right time for any positive slants and there’s enough doom and gloom to read so no need for more. 

Better to wait till after Tuesdays game to see whether that was “another one-off”

Win on Tuesday, yesterdays result will, hopefully be a distant memory.  Lose on Tuesday, its not going to be good!