Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan Athletic (A)

Leyther_Matt

Personally that was utterly disgraceful how we can control the majority of the game but offer no penetration against a poor side I’m lost for words

very rarely do automatic promoted sides lose back to back games we’ve now done it twice

biggest winners Barnsley and they didn’t kick a ball

play off fodder 

1 minute ago, Hoppy said:

We need a goal poacher should have gone for Alfie may he could have sneezed in an extra 10 goals for us

No he wouldn’t hoppy, not the way we play I just don’t think anyone would suit the shite we’re playing tippy tappy bollocks. Surely Evatt must see his system just isn’t working when we can’t beat teams like this tonight? I’m sorry but we’re bringing in players who’ve done it like Victor and AC and they look shadows of themselves in Evatt’s system. I’m all for pass and move but just occasionally you might actually try a shot or a through ball instead of always sideways?

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Utterly despondent after that. Did more than enough to win it really, but our final ball is almost non-existant. Good job Derby also lost.

Plenty have said it. Barnsley will finish ahead of us. Win their game in hand and they are above us. Beat us at their place as well and it’s 3 points ahead plus better goal difference.

I would sack this cunt tonight and get a proper, experienced manager in who would put some steel in that midfield and get them working harder.If the midfielders Evatt has signed are softies than a centre half would be put there.The top end of Div 3 is so weak this season i reckon a proper manager would get that squad up.

Allowed ourselves to be sucker punched by doing fuck all with the ball in good positions for 90 mins.

Rigid and structured in possession is all well and good until the final third when you need someone to take a risk.

Shite

Just now, DaisyHWanderer said:

Played well until their goal. Afterwards, we didn't look like scoring at all. I'm all for sticking to our style of play but last ten minutes a goal down we're not going to score passing it around the half way line

That's what has me so angry, we were dominant and as frustrating as the lack of chances was, we were still in control. But after we went 1 down, they just caved in, and that is unforgiveable

Absolute shite.

Controlled the vast majority of the game ... but that all counts for absolutely nothing if you don't create chances with that possession. They created more chances in a 2 minute spell than we did all game.

The goal we conceded was schoolboy stuff too. Dacres-Cogley ball watching and completely forgetting about the man running in behind him.

Absolutely criminal we've not managed to score tonight given how poor Wigan were and how much of the ball we had.

Into injury time and Toal and Santos are still passing it side to side. What other team would do that. Pathetic. Didn't Sheehan give a sloppy pass against Blackpool which also resulted in a goal. I see they lost tonight after winning their cup final against us last Saturday. We just can't rise to the occasion with a brilliant away following and a chance to move into second. Would hate to take my blood pressure reading after that disaster.

Dominated the whole game and lost. For two reasons. 

Wank defending. All three defenders ball watching. Just an avoidable goal all round and it had to be that fat cunt Humphreys. 

2nd for all that dominating possession, didn't create enough. 

Anyway fuck them. There are absolutely shite. With no investment they will be dropping in league 2 soon. derby lost, were still on course. 

Edited by Arrested development

3 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I would sack this cunt tonight and get a proper, experienced manager in who would put some steel in that midfield and get them working harder.If the midfielders Evatt has signed are softies than a centre half would be put there.The top end of Div 3 is so weak this season i reckon a proper manager would get that squad up.

Who do you recommend?

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Absolute shite.

Controlled the vast majority of the game ... but that all counts for absolutely nothing if you don't create chances with that possession. They created more chances in a 2 minute spell than we did all game.

The goal we conceded was schoolboy stuff too. Dacres-Cogley ball watching and completely forgetting about the man running in behind him.

Absolutely criminal we've not managed to score tonight given how poor Wigan were and how much of the ball we had.

Said before he should have been dropped- useless recently Cogley