Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (A)

34 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Huge game.

See which Bolton turns up.

Thought charles had played 90mins for NI. Checked and bit was Shea Charles 🙄

Just like there being a J. Iredale played, & scored, for Australia in the week.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think I'd probably offer a minor caveat in that the question was posed by the club's own media manager rather than a hostile or neutral journalist

It was also the 4th take, as IE kept insisting on doing it again as he wanted to look serious 

The 3rd take he wore his suit

19 minutes ago, gonzo said:

See Evans is banned from the touchline for this.

...and Jordan Rhodes is missing for Blackpool.

Blackpool only sold about 600 for Derby. 

29 minutes ago, Ani said:

Blackpool only sold about 600 for Derby. 

Massive apathy about the place mate. They really don't like the manager and most think they'd get bummed in the play offs.

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)

Another 6am start to another shithole.

Don’t let us down again, you fuckers.

I want away games at WBA, PNE, Stoke etc

Edited by Steejay

I think we're all hoping for a win tomorrow to really make a statement that we're back in it.  Then I thought about when we last won away at a relatively half decent team.  The current positions of our 9 away wins this season are 8th, 13th, 16th, 17th and all of the bottom 5.  Our "best" win, Lincoln, was against 10 men, we still await that great away win like we had at Posh and Barnsley last season.

We are long overdue and it would be huge if we got it tomorrow, it feels like now or never if we want top 2.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think we're all hoping for a win tomorrow to really make a statement that we're back in it.  Then I thought about when we last won away at a relatively half decent team.  The current positions of our 9 away wins this season are 8th, 13th, 16th, 17th and all of the bottom 5.  Our "best" win, Lincoln, was against 10 men, we still await that great away win like we had at Posh and Barnsley last season.

We are long overdue and it would be huge if we got it tomorrow, it feels like now or never if we want top 2.

It all depends on which BWFC turns up, but I can't imagine they're anything but totally fired up and focused for this one so we have a chance. Problem is a game can be lost on a bad decision, poor refereeing, a freak goal etc etc and unfortunately we've put ourselves in a position where we're hostage to that shit and don't have enough games left to put it right if it happens. Five teams for 2 places, one of which is just about in the bag, so we just have to hope we get the good fortune and the others don't. Obviously, if we start playing like champions and score a shedload we have nowt to worry about.

I'm sitting out this one, shit fan, will probably start work on the patio as I'm at that time of season where I find watching our games unbearable, a big coward I know.    Health wise mid-table football supporters must be the healthiest, my Alan Wicker will be pumping like mad, one cig after the other, not a nail left on the bell ringers.   Enjoy your day out tomorrow lads, loud and proud 👏 

7 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

It all depends on which BWFC turns up, but I can't imagine they're anything but totally fired up and focused for this one so we have a chance. Problem is a game can be lost on a bad decision, poor refereeing, a freak goal etc etc and unfortunately we've put ourselves in a position where we're hostage to that shit and don't have enough games left to put it right if it happens. Five teams for 2 places, one of which is just about in the bag, so we just have to hope we get the good fortune and the others don't. Obviously, if we start playing like champions and score a shedload we have nowt to worry about.

Well, if they're not mentally up for it now they never will be. And while the freak goal/bad decision luck can't be completely eradicated, it can be minimised by playing football in the opposition half - none of this aimless passing around at the back. So when we inevitably make a mistake it's in their half in a meaningless position, rather than near our box where the opposition will get a chance or we'll give the ref an opportunity to make a bad decision.

All on us now, right mentality and we can do it, no excuses.

7am pub open, couple beers before getting on minibus. 15 of us currently with cans in hand and full of hope and nerves for must win game. 

God bless away days.

Safe travels to the rest of you making the journey. See you soon.

COYFWM!!!!!!!!!!!!

This lot only won 2 in the last 10,  1 in the last 6, lost 3 of their  last 6 homes games, scoring only 4 goals in those 6 home games. Its got to be 3 points hasnt it? Cant see the other teams around us dropping points today. If ever there was a " must win" game, this is it!

Optimistic 10 notes on a 25/1 punt of us, Blackpool and Cardiff.

Could be a good, great or really shitty day. I'd settle for good, and take us winning as a minimum.

wish I was going, but will settle for watching it on the dodgy with a stop start stream, a moody teenager sulking If we go 1-0 down after 5 mins, and a 3 year old pestering the knackers off me all first half, leaving me alone at half time to play barbie dream house and then re-emerging at the whistle for the second half

Warsteiners are being iced up already.

Haway the whites!

0-2, Paris and Vic.

10 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Optimistic 10 notes on a 25/1 punt of us, Blackpool and Cardiff.

Could be a good, great or really shitty day. I'd settle for good, and take us winning as a minimum.

wish I was going, but will settle for watching it on the dodgy with a stop start stream, a moody teenager sulking If we go 1-0 down after 5 mins, and a 3 year old pestering the knackers off me all first half, leaving me alone at half time to play barbie dream house and then re-emerging at the whistle for the second half

Warsteiners are being iced up already.

Haway the whites!

0-2, Paris and Vic.

Isn’t Vic injured?