Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

13 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Had a big dilemma last couple of days. 

My partner works for the same hospital as me. She normally has a back office role (like me) but since Covid-19 she has been working in a team monitoring real time staffing levels and helping move nurses to where they are most needed.

Tuesday she came home with a headache, was fine later that day, did the algorithm on NHS 111 which said she was Kosher and went in for her shift at 7 the following morning. She got turfed out by a senior nurse which is completely understandable given she's mooching around wards. She's still absolutely fine but cant work from home. 

Strictly speaking this puts me on 14 days self isolation, but she's fine and so am I. Problem is my mum is in the 'shielding' group, I do all her shopping and she's okay till weekend. Mum has dementia and I don't want to frighten the shit out of her for nothing, and I genuinely think it's nothing. When the Mrs gets a cold she's on her arse for a week. She's been turfed out cos she's working for a senior nurse that's playing safe which is understandable.

Beyond mum, the mrs or me getting seriously Ill this is the worst case scenario for me.

Asked of the Mrs can be tested and escalated to a very senior level, given 2 for 1 benefit to the Trust, but cant see her being prioritised.

Wft do I do? 

Hi - sorry mate. I missed this yesterday. There is limited testing going on at the FT but it's prioritised to Nurses, Doctors and Consultants in the most under pressure wards. It's well worth your Mrs asking whether she can get one of these tests if her being at work is keeping other workers at work. I think there's so a larger testing facility up at Manchester Airport she could enquire about.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Apparently, last month there 600,000 fewer admissions to A and E compared with March last year.

Doesn't surprise me at all, the missus said the last couple of weeks in March were really quiet. Not anymore due to Covid-19 cases ramping up of course.

Goes to show how many folk go to A&E needlessly. 

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Apparently, last month there 600,000 fewer admissions to A and E compared with March last year.

Conservative Women will be writing about this as we speak in attempt to convince us lockdown is an overreaction

17 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Conservative Women will be writing about this as we speak in attempt to convince us lockdown is an overreaction

oux9GcLI_x96.jpg

Right on cue, the Blairite Rejoin party is playing all its golden oldies again - this will certainly lift the nation's spirits. Can we have the super gonorrhea one again? BBC News - Brexit: Labour warns against 'chaotic' no deal outcome

• Moderators
11 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Kent have you got a view on my earlier post. I'm in a bad place here chief. 🤔

I dunno if this is public knowledge or how you get authorised to go

But I've heard from a reliable source that there's testing going on at the airport

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Doesn't surprise me at all, the missus said the last couple of weeks in March were really quiet. Not anymore due to Covid-19 cases ramping up of course.

Goes to show how many folk go to A&E needlessly. 

Similarly GPs

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

oux9GcLI_x96.jpg

Right on cue, the Blairite Rejoin party is playing all its golden oldies again - this will certainly lift the nation's spirits. Can we have the super gonorrhea one again? BBC News - Brexit: Labour warns against 'chaotic' no deal outcome

I've got no idea what that means

you don't think I vote Labour do you?

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

We are in deep shit.

Particularly if the re-infections being reported in South Korea is true.

Ive just told my lad not to plan for a school term until September.

Confirmed schools were shut til next school year here 4 weeks ago and assumed that was the case in England as well