Energy Prices

fatty

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

15 quid in gas and leccy this week..

Direct debits gone up again, now 240... 

Clearly taking the piss.. 

240 per month?

Obviously you'll use less in warm weather- and we've had a bonus this last week.

Should build up some credit though.

So, as prices are set to rise massively on Friday...

If you're not on a smart meter, make sure you read your meters tomorrow and send the readings in.

Traf's top tip? Add a few units onto that reading to give you a headstart for April 😉

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Traf said:

If you're not on a smart meter, make sure you read your meters tomorrow and send the readings in.

Traf's top tip? Add a few units onto that reading to give you a headstart for April 😉

Aye, seems the British Gas login page is down, wonder why! 

5 hours ago, Traf said:

Yeah - just done it. Or rather the mrs has. I look after the rent and water bill. She does all the rest as she doesn't trust me.

• Site Supporter

If you can't book on to send an up to date reading take a photo of your gas and leccy readings.  The data can be used to prove date and time of photo in case your provider hits you for chaste at tomorrow's rate for energy you used at March rates. 

• Members
On 30/03/2022 at 09:05, Traf said:

Stick a magnet on it 

• Site Supporter

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but red diesel is illegal from tomorrow on construction sites ( amongst others ) for everything , from a mixer to a 40 t machine
the cost to build maintain or repair anything is going to go up significantly and that’s only going to get passed on . 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, fatolive said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but red diesel is illegal from tomorrow on construction sites ( amongst others ) for everything , from a mixer to a 40 t machine
the cost to build maintain or repair anything is going to go up significantly and that’s only going to get passed on . 

It hasn’t been mentioned.

But diesel is now £1.75 a scoop, so about £1 more than red.

I’d say it’s a ridiculous decision but given the folk who made it, it’s about par for the course.

The Labour Party will cop the blame

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Farmers can keep using it, they don't pay VAT on dog food either, for dogs they unceremoniously shoot when they've outgrown their usefulness. They have big sheds, but nobody is allowed in...

Saves on the £80 bill for a syringe full of blue stuff and no less effective. 

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, Spider said:

It hasn’t been mentioned.

But diesel is now £1.75 a scoop, so about £1 more than red.

I’d say it’s a ridiculous decision but given the folk who made it, it’s about par for the course.

The Labour Party will cop the blame

It’s ridiculous in the fact that it’s supposed to be for the environment yet construction aren’t allowed rebated hvo fuel from tomorrow either so there’s no incentive to use cleaner fuels , the machines will still need to run, will burn just as much , it’ll just cost more

Lot of companies will really struggle with this, even with things like security of remote machines that people will now know will be full to the brim with white and easy pickings. 
plus if you’ve got machines or contracts working between sectors , like say a machine used on a golf course maintenance which then goes to a construction site ,you are going to need two lots of fuel or two Or use white for both . 
personally think it’s going to come back and bite them 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, fatolive said:

It’s ridiculous in the fact that it’s supposed to be for the environment yet construction aren’t allowed rebated hvo fuel from tomorrow either so there’s no incentive to use cleaner fuels , the machines will still need to run, will burn just as much , it’ll just cost more

Lot of companies will really struggle with this, even with things like security of remote machines that people will now know will be full to the brim with white and easy pickings. 
plus if you’ve got machines or contracts working between sectors , like say a machine used on a golf course maintenance which then goes to a construction site ,you are going to need two lots of fuel or two Or use white for both . 
personally think it’s going to come back and bite them 

It is what it is.

Ultimately, this Ukraine/Russia conflict is going to go on for years - neither side will back down, and neither side can win. As we're no longer part of the EU, we should show a real statement of intent, and sign a deal with Putin, for their gas. If he "turns it off" as he's threatening to, then he'll have a surplus and storage issues, so he won't really want to be doing that I wouldn't have thought.

In a post Brexit era, let's strike a deal with Russia, and get some cheap energy prices, and really push forward with our own growth plans, cheaper energy prices will encourage manufacturing here in the UK, which is what we all want.

Obviously we say that if he sets a toe into a NATO country (which I doubt he will) then all bets are off, but whilst it's just the Ukraine, let's leave them to it, and benefit as much as we can

12 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Ultimately, this Ukraine/Russia conflict is going to go on for years - neither side will back down, and neither side can win. As we're no longer part of the EU, we should show a real statement of intent, and sign a deal with Putin, for their gas. If he "turns it off" as he's threatening to, then he'll have a surplus and storage issues, so he won't really want to be doing that I wouldn't have thought.

In a post Brexit era, let's strike a deal with Russia, and get some cheap energy prices, and really push forward with our own growth plans, cheaper energy prices will encourage manufacturing here in the UK, which is what we all want.

Obviously we say that if he sets a toe into a NATO country (which I doubt he will) then all bets are off, but whilst it's just the Ukraine, let's leave them to it, and benefit as much as we can

Not sure a gas pipeline runs from Russia to the U.K. Apart from that, what a load of nonsense.

Let’s support Ukraine didn’t last long did it. 

2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Not sure a gas pipeline runs from Russia to the U.K. Apart from that, what a load of nonsense.

Let’s support Ukraine didn’t last long did it. 

Gas can be delivered in a liquified state I think, anyway.....

I am taking the piss, however, I suggested several pages back, that I'd expect the publics sympathy for The Ukraine to waiver as and when the increase in energy prices starts to really bite next winter.

6 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I am taking the piss, however, I suggested several pages back, that I'd expect the publics sympathy for The Ukraine to waiver as and when the increase in energy prices starts to really bite next winter.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/russia-ukraine-and-uk-energy-factsheet

8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

You were clearly being serious. You also want to put those who claim to suffer from Hay fever and SAD in concentration camps.