Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Integral Gethin Jones

Rudy

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

Reminds me of a lower level Bergsson - understated leadership but shows passion at the right times, hardly ever gets beaten in a one on one, pops up with an occasional goal and assist, a good all round, dependable defender who loves to attack.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed here nearly as long as Gudni, the only thing that might stop that is if the club outgrows his ability and has ambitions to be top half championship, but for the foreseeable he's nailed on 1st choice right back.

He’s a way to go to be as good as Gudni, here’s hoping though. 

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He’s a way to go to be as good as Gudni, here’s hoping though. 

He'll never be as good as Gudni, no shame in that, but while Gudni's natural level was lower Prem/upper Championship, Jones could be capable of playing at lower championship/upper league one, so arguably the modern day version for us.  Similarly low key/understated signing too, both bargains that seemed to come from nowhere, a bit puzzling they were so easy/cheap to sign.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Morizio said:

For what it’s worth, I agree with your assessment and prediction but I don’t feel the need to constantly snipe like you do. 

Also I’d really like it to be wrong and for him to be the new McAteer. Do you?

Yes, but I would have sent him out on loan.

He cant even get in the squad now. Him sitting at home watching soccer saturday is no good for anyone.

• The topic was pinned