Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (H)

Big E

5 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

A win is a win as they say, but again, that wasn’t promotion form and something will have to change to get us back on track.

what, who or how I don’t know - but I do know when.

Winning is promotion form!!

Yes it was ugly, we rode our luck, but we all know we were far, far from our best. But when all is said and done we have the maximum amount of points we can from the game 

6 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Dempsey and Williams both injured?

Dempsey one didn’t look great. Pulled out of taking the follow up shot and looked like he was holding his hamstring. Hopefully not Dan #2.

Santos and especially toal look scared to death, and not sure why toal can not suddenly pass water, the lad needs to sort out this sticky patch.

Was never gonna be a game for the purist, never is against this lot,  3 points is what matters.

Onwards and upwards

Just now, W.cramp said:

Santos and especially toal look scared to death, and not sure why toal can not suddenly pass water, the lad needs to sort out this sticky patch.

Was never gonna be a game for the purist, never is against this lot,  3 points is what matters.

Onwards and upwards

Toal, Santos and Iredale didn’t look comfortable together all night. Forrester a big miss. 

Just got back( had to leave a bit early due early start I morning) that was a struggle.1st half thought we got better as it went on.

2nd half thought we was to cautious Santos for me had a shocker and every time he fucked up tried to blame someone else 

Mom between Vic and baxter

Not sure what was worse, the game, the weather or them expecting people to believe there was 19k on? 

yep a wins a win but at what cost now? Injuries could be mounting, performance levels not great and some big challenges and a hectic schedule continuing. We’re looking a bit thin on the ground 

They are the wins that define seasons.

Neither team could string two passes together in the middle of 50mph winds that was bending the corner flag to the floor.

We will look back on tonight and think that was the kick up the arse we needed.

Sometimes youve got to ride your luck and win ugly.

It doesnt get much uglier than that.

1 minute ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Toal, Santos and Iredale didn’t look comfortable together all night. Forrester a big miss. 

We are missing Jones, and Toal isn't quite as comfortable on the right as everyone thought he would be. Maybe just needs time to settle in to that position again.

Think the defence alway nervous in conditions like that, you just don't know what the ball will do in the air. Baxter also wasn't as commanding causing some confusion. 

After watching that performance and at the weekend, I just think we're crying out for some additions to the squad.

Got a lot of games to come and games in hand, and the players do look tired but more panicky and scared. 

We need someone to come in fresh iyo inject some energy into yhe team and make a impact where we need it.

Take the 3 points but Cheltenham must be feeling hard done by as they give us a game . 
Squad needs refreshing especially if Dempsey is out for a while we miss Gethin in defence his calmness under pressure. 

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

They are the wins that define seasons.

Neither team could string two passes together in the middle of 50mph winds that was bending the corner flag to the floor.

We will look back on tonight and think that was the kick up the arse we needed.

Sometimes youve got to ride your luck and win ugly.

It doesnt get much uglier than that.

Aye. That’s my take on it. 3 points. Wins like that get you up and out of a league.