Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Sadlier does not play because he is not good enough. Little flashes but when he started was awful.

John just does not look interested. 

Strange we won't force players out but fans who are critical get threatened with bans. 

What do you do for a living ? Unless you're self employed, or retired, you're on an employment contract. If the company came in & tore it up you'd scream blue-murder.

These guys are on a contract. One the club freely entered. They can look to sell, or buy out, but otherwise they're here till it runs out.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

What do you do for a living ? Unless you're self employed, or retired, you're on an employment contract. If the company came in & tore it up you'd scream blue-murder.

These guys are on a contract. One the club freely entered. They can look to sell, or buy out, but otherwise they're here till it runs out.

Who said rip up the contract ?

When Evatt says 'we will not force them out?' What do you think he means ? 

Sure there is plenty the club can do to make life less comfortable for them, training with kids for instance. Then also encouraging potential buyers by sweetening the deal. 

Comparing footballers contracts to people in normal jobs is pointless unless you are comparing to fixed term contracts. I have worked a fixed term contract when the company pulled the project so I was not needed, we sat down and agreed a settlement. 

34 minutes ago, Ani said:

Sure there is plenty the club can do to make life less comfortable for them, training with kids for instance. Then also encouraging potential buyers by sweetening the deal. 

Comparing footballers contracts to people in normal jobs is pointless unless you are comparing to fixed term contracts. I have worked a fixed term contract when the company pulled the project so I was not needed, we sat down and agreed a settlement. 

There was a suggestion in Orient D o F's comments that we may be into offering such a sweetener to Sadlier to get a move through

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Ani said:

The club can be as twatty as they want, but it doesn't necessarily mean the players leaves quicker.

We don't know what is going on specifically, but I quite like the approach we're taking.

If a player started acting the cunt, then fine train away from the first team etc, but why create ill will that could tarnish the club's reputation. 

• Members
14 minutes ago, 1969 said:

According to twitter we've been offered Shoretire but turned it down due to the fee

I would take him if it's around £50k but definitely not any more than that 

I'd not have him if he was offered as a freebie. 

41 minutes ago, 1969 said:

According to twitter we've been offered Shoretire but turned it down due to the fee

What, a loan or a purchase ?

He really fail last season didn't he. All the fuss in those first few games with no end result.

One for Salford maybe.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

What, a loan or a purchase ?

He really fail last season didn't he. All the fuss in those first few games with no end result.

One for Salford maybe.

Purchase.  Being offered to a lot of clubs apparently 

He was good against Charlton & Peterborough but absolutely invisible after that. Most frustrating part about him is he would always needlessly give silly cheap fouls away all the time out of frustration that he can't impact a match against opposition deemed a lot lower level to where he thinks he's at. I'm glad we ended up presumably paying the money for Mendes-Gomes instead because when he gets up to speed he's much more physically ready & proven at L1 level.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, 1969 said:

Dunno what the fee was but he was on at least 8k a week at utd so he will struggle to get anywhere unless he takes a big pay cut 

He wasn't that bad, wouldn't take up a squad place and be more useful than Sadlier

He did more than Nlundulu yet we gave Dan a 3 year contract 

I'd take him back on a loan as a backup but it's not particularly a priority position right now.

Edited by jmjhb

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Dunno what the fee was but he was on at least 8k a week at utd so he will struggle to get anywhere unless he takes a big pay cut 

If/when Utd release him he'll be on a lot less than £8k a week so I would think any contract that's longer than his current one would be gratefully received.  

On another note I didn't realise he's a Geordie, played for Whitley Bay, Newcastle Boys, Wallsend etc.

• Members
3 hours ago, jmjhb said:

He wasn't that bad, wouldn't take up a squad place and be more useful than Sadlier

He did more than Nlundulu yet we gave Dan a 3 year contract 

I'd take him back on a loan as a backup but it's not particularly a priority position right now.

Sadlier is a far better player.

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, 1969 said:

I woudnt have him serving in the kiosks 

18 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

In the absence of anything BW related...Exeter sold Sam Nombe to Rotherham for a reported £1mil.

Can't say I've ever noticed or heard of him but sets a bit of a benchmark for any potential future fee for Charles.

Rotherham's managers was at Exeter previously so had worked with him before 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If/when Utd release him he'll be on a lot less than £8k a week so I would think any contract that's longer than his current one would be gratefully received.  

On another note I didn't realise he's a Geordie, played for Whitley Bay, Newcastle Boys, Wallsend etc.

I'm absolutely certain he was named after Shola Ameobi