Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

I’ve personally no feelings one way or the other about Wigan, they’re just another club to me but other than to have somewhere for warriors to play I honestly can’t see any good reason why this guys involved himself with Latics. He’s always going to lose money on them if he tries to improve them and if he tries to be “sustainable” they’ll always be in the lower leagues. Whatever Damson does I can’t see any way this will turn out to be a “plum” transaction? 

9 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Even if this fella wanted to chuck cash at it, ffp means they won't be able to do it for years because they can't generate the income.

They can do what they want for me. I've loved seeing their fans suffer and it won't be the last time. This goes 1 of 2 ways

They are run sustainable as a L1 or L2 club OR, this all happens again within 5 years

That last line sums it up. Every word I've read on the subject this past 24 hours confirms that sustainability and realism is the way forward for them. Kendrick and Alan Nixon have both being saying their wage bill still needs to be trimmed dramatically. They've got -8 points for next season (possibly -12) and they can't afford the wages to replace the big earners who will be leaving. 

The best they can hope for here is a transitional period in which they stabilise as a mid-table league 1 side.

Given that type of scenario it's likely their big days/big aim next season will be trying to get one over on us. Twas ever thus when we find ourselves in the same division but I think we'll be gunning for them too and I think IE and co get it.

45 minutes ago, Ani said:

Embargo has been lifted. Fair enough really. 

If you pay, you play.

Might be a bit of a comedown for the ‘poundshop tics’ after their last spell in Lg1 when they bought the title by paying silly wages.

They just haven’t got the fanbase to be jizzing money, unless this Danson fancies chucking some serious money at it.

Doubt it somehow.

8 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

FFP certainly still exists & is consistent throughout the EFL. The Prem's operates differently and the Parachute clubs seem to be able to play games a bit.

It is cumulative over a 3 year window & this pile of cack overspend last year.

I am unsurprised, but rather pissed that the turd continues to float. When McClean turns up next season I'm taking my gun.

If that’s right how come they have not been sanctioned before they have been over spending for years especially the last 2 or does it reset itself with every new owner ? 

4 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

If that’s right how come they have not been sanctioned before they have been over spending for years especially the last 2 or does it reset itself with every new owner ? 

No. It's the club & their 3 year footballing income.

Sadly they've been higher Division's than us, greater standard income & prize money and have sold players on.

I don't know their spending/income details but they'll be better than we want them to be

32 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

No. It's the club & their 3 year footballing income.

Sadly they've been higher Division's than us, greater standard income & prize money and have sold players on.

I don't know their spending/income details but they'll be better than we want them to be

Ok thanks makes sense 

2 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Must have been the quickest takeover of a football club ever. Were there no lawyers etc involved to slow the whole process down and reap maximum rewards.

Don’t think those quantuma shithouses were involved the utter parasites, they’d of spun it out for months. 

• Site Supporter

Surely there’s at least one of their prized efforts we can take off them? - that would be nice. If we did it for free even better.

Its just that young defender we’ve been linked with isn’t it?

While they were playing tig with the authorities the players & agents will have been actively looking for alternatives 

Not being paid on time, on as many as 6 occasions last season, means they can claim breach of contract.

They will have learnt that no fees would then be involved. New clubs save that cost and the players can demand they receive some of that boon.

Obviously the club & fans hoped, once the saviour arrived, no-one would leave this way, but once the genie is out of the bottle it's difficult to put back.

7 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

While they were playing tig with the authorities the players & agents will have been actively looking for alternatives 

Not being paid on time, on as many as 6 occasions last season, means they can claim breach of contract.

They will have learnt that no fees would then be involved. New clubs save that cost and the players can demand they receive some of that boon.

Obviously the club & fans hoped, once the saviour arrived, no-one would leave this way, but once the genie is out of the bottle it's difficult to put back.

Any player worthy of a transfer can in theory now walk and negotiate a deal that involves and his agent getting that fee.