Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln (H)

desperado

23 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I'm sure I read that there was going to be 2 scoreboards.

Have I made that up?

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

There are. South-East corner and North-West corner. I thought they'd already been installed. Sure I saw a photo of one on twitter a few weeks back. 🤷‍♂️ The TV's under the stands weren't even on to check the scores at half time.

4 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

I heard the same. Horizontal as well. Not like a huge iPhone (other phones are available)  The Tanoy didn’t seem to be working either unless I missed something. Probably a technical fault. 
Maybe the screens will come later.

New screens and advertising hoardings are due to be in place by the time we play Derby apparently. 

• Site Supporter

Don't really understand how we had 14 minutes of added time (6 on first half, 8 on second). Can't remember a single bit of purposeful time-wasting throughout the 90, which I thought was the entire point of the rule change. And the multi-ball thing worked fine apart from a couple of occasions when the ball bounced back onto the pitch as someone was about to take a quick throw-in with a replacement ball.

I can't remember if I've already posted this because I'm pissed. But just to put things into perspective - we were loaning players form Lincoln a few short years ago.

The progress we've made since then is unreal. 

Never got out of first gear today and didn't really have to. Tougher games to come - but a great start! And Wigan might have done us a favour beating Derby! 

Very impressive, couldn't decide if Lincoln were piss poor or if we made them look it. Either way, we were excellent.

Everyone contributed, Santos & Iredale were far too good & strong for their forwards, both wing backs were highly effective, Sheehan sprayed the ball around classily, Thomasson came off the bench & played the pass of the game & MOTM goes to Dempsey, like a man possessed !!

& with the strength on the bench, we should get even better !!!

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I can't remember if I've already posted this because I'm pissed. 

Don’t worry about that. We’ve all had a drink.

You can pay me back that £20 that I lent you when I saw you outside the hotel whenever you’re ready.👍

😊

14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I can't remember if I've already posted this because I'm pissed. But just to put things into perspective - we were loaning players form Lincoln a few short years ago.

The progress we've made since then is unreal. 

Never got out of first gear today and didn't really have to. Tougher games to come - but a great start! And Wigan might have done us a favour beating Derby! 

Evatt-lution

Very tidy performance, enjoyed the game, loads of MoM contenders, big plusses we scored early and scored two set pieces. 

Liked our threat out wide, Williams and JDC both very good. 

Vic deserved his goal and a good clap off as he left, solid graft, decent hold up play. 

Iredale a solid presence at left centre back

Game became like a friendly last 15 mins at 3-0 with loads of changes. 

New rules will help us a lot in this league, if operated as that ref did today. Playing 50 mins in first halves will have us tiring opponents out by the hour mark. Some of the standard L1 shit housing from last year might have less effect too.

Having said that, was good in a way to see us give 19 could away, a lot of them little ones to break up counter attacks, others showing we could get about teams and not be lightweight.

Lots to enjoy, lots more to look forward to 

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

I heard the same. Horizontal as well. Not like a huge iPhone (other phones are available)  The Tanoy didn’t seem to be working either unless I missed something. Probably a technical fault. 

Other public address systems are available

57 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Aye. Had no idea who the subs coming on were. 

57 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Apparently the ticket scanners weren't working in the away end either.  Had to manually look at tickets and phones.

All a bit off a shambles,  heads should roll.