Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, tomski said:

I reckon it was accepted a while back and he can’t decide whether he fancies it or not or even isn’t keen 

Mounts seemed to have some knowledge and going off that, it seems to be a fairly recent event.

Wouldn't surprise me if the lad wasn't up for the move-yet, but who knows.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Mounts seemed to have some knowledge and going off that, it seems to be a fairly recent event.

Wouldn't surprise me if the lad wasn't up for the move-yet, but who knows.

Yeah he knows Evatt thinks a lot about him, a move away at this time in his career may stop that progression he has shown.

If Thomason goes, with MJ & Lee already gone & only Maghola recruited, we'd certainly need to bring at least one in.

Sheehan was injured long term last season & Dempsey won't be able to keep up the same workrate twice a week, 4 midfielders ( & IE doesn't seem keen on any of the B team ) won't be enough, especally with the work we expect them to do.

I'd prefer Thomason to stay unless he wants to go, in which case we'd need to move fast on a replacement.

34 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

If Thomason goes, with MJ & Lee already gone & only Maghola recruited, we'd certainly need to bring at least one in.

Sheehan was injured long term last season & Dempsey won't be able to keep up the same workrate twice a week, 4 midfielders ( & IE doesn't seem keen on any of the B team ) won't be enough, especally with the work we expect them to do.

I'd prefer Thomason to stay unless he wants to go, in which case we'd need to move fast on a replacement.

Baccus. Still kicking around in the pub league.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, jeep said:

I'm in the minority, but I think he's a cracking player who has come on leaps & bounds each season......

Keep him for me.....

Likewise. Not a world beater, but getting better and better.

If championship managers are warming to him, then keep him for me, as it's where we are aiming to be next season ourselves. 

Of course, if the clubs are happy, and the player fancies the challenge, then the situation changes.

It's obviously a massive decision for GT as well as the club. Are Bristol C offering a long contract on appreciably better wages than he's getting from us? Does he want to uproot and move to the west country? Does he think he will get plenty of first team football? 

From the club's perspective the key factor seems to be how much of the £1m fee we get up front. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

It's obviously a massive decision for GT as well as the club. Are Bristol C offering a long contract on appreciably better wages than he's getting from us? Does he want to uproot and move to the west country? Does he think he will get plenty of first team football? 

From the club's perspective the key factor seems to be how much of the £1m fee we get up front. 

I'd also add where are the respective clubs likely to be come next season?

16 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Fuck Baccus

We should go for Owen Moxon

That's crossed my mind too. He didn't play for Carlisle yesterday due to "illness"

I reckon it'd mean we'd have to reinvest most if not all of the Thomason money (assuming we ain't getting the full £1m up front).

3 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

That's crossed my mind too. He didn't play for Carlisle yesterday due to "illness"

I reckon it'd mean we'd have to reinvest most if not all of the Thomason money (assuming we ain't getting the full £1m up front).

He'd be more expensive than Thomason but he's a quallity player and FV supposedly have £4.5M worth of our money to play

2 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He'd be more expensive than Thomason but he's a quallity player and FV supposedly have £4.5M worth of our money to play

I'd no idea it was that much unless your talking about the bond scheme income which I thought was earmarked for other stuff, but the implication in the early press releases was that we have a few bob for transfers that doesn't seem to have been spent yet. I've been wondering if they were going to surprise us with a marquee signing this window, or stash it until the right deal comes along, maybe January, and see where we are then.

But add in the money from selling George and we could be competing for Championship standard players perhaps from abroad. We'd need money to buy Ashworth if he works out and maybe Maghoma's of interest? My inclination would be that unless there is a deal that is too good to turn down we should go with what we've got - even if George leaves - and see where we're at in January. Obviously it's another world financially if we get promoted but as things stand we're in a very good position with a good versatile squad, money to spend if needed and a decent bargaining position as we're don't need to be in a rush to spend it - and it's been a while since that's been the case. We're in a good place.

3 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Well, yet again I bow before you footballing encyclopedias as I'd never heard of Moxon.

Blackpool had a £250k bid rejected in June. Neither they, nor anyone else has been in since.

He may have had a great season just gone but his pedigree isn't much. Carlisle born he broke into Queen of the South (6 games) & then 5 seasons, 115 games for Annan. Joined Carlisle last year. He has one year left on that contract.

Now, he may be God's gift but I don't see him fetching more than George.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, yet again I bow before you footballing encyclopedias as I'd never heard of Moxon.

Blackpool had a £250k bid rejected in June. Neither they, nor anyone else has been in since.

He may have had a great season just gone but his pedigree isn't much. Carlisle born he broke into Queen of the South (6 games) & then 5 seasons, 115 games for Annan. Joined Carlisle last year. He has one year left on that contract.

Now, he may be God's gift but I don't see him fetching more than George.

Carlisle born. If he’s another Dempsey he’d do for me. 

https://t.co/P5cTe23HHq

I reckon he’s defo off.
Met our valuation of him. So good deal for the club for a player we picked up for nowt.

A chance for GT to play in the championship and probably up his wages significantly. It’ll be what he dreamed of at Longridge. 

I think he will be reluctant as he has a good relationship with the club and manager in particular but the pros will probably outweigh the cons for him

Happy for him if he does go, and gives us a bit more money in the bank which could come in useful