Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

I think we all knew Decberto was on his way before it was announced he'll be allowed to go in Jan - but is it confirmed that Salford will sign him? The article said Evatt was willing to let him go with 6 months left on his contract and implied we'd be open to offers.

Salford - or anyone else would probably have to match his wages or he might be inclined to hang around until summer.

Do we all agree that Iredale and Williams are superior options to D. John?

The lad has a good whip on him but much more rounded players in Iredale and Williams. 

Was a bit shite at times last season Williams so I understand why people were questioning John’s exile but Evatts got this one right in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

The lad has a good whip on him but much more rounded players in Iredale and Williams. 

Was a bit shite at times last season Williams so I understand why people were questioning John’s exile but Evatts got this one right in my opinion.

yes I'd agree, was never a big fan, and by all accounts a bad egg

12 minutes ago, Mantra said:

With Ashworth back as well he's 4th in the pecking order and I'm not sure Evatt wouldn't stick JDC at left back ahead of him too.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mantra said:

I don't think either have hit the heights of John in the season before last when he and Fossey were flying up and down the wings

but I've been impressed with Iredale this season in terms of getting forward

in any case, we missed John last season, but not this

3 hours ago, Mantra said:

Whatever happened & whether we'll ever get to know the story, it was clear then & is clear now that Evatt & John didn't see eye to eye. Position & formation impacted it but personality got involved.

Sad thing is that this happened to John in a couple of other clubs.

He's definitely a loner & fair enough we aren't all the same.

42 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Really? Not for me, I accept he’s young but unlike Forrester on the other side I’ve seen nothing from Ashworth that impresses me. Back to WBA after his loan I suspect, especially if were promoted.

Looks OK to me, but I'd be lieing if I said I'd seen enough of him against decent opposition to form a proper opinion.  Great free kick to win the league cup tie v Barrow, a skill we aren't blessed with.

Williams can have good days occasionally and is capable of scoring when he's in the mood, but if we had a play off final tomorrow, or a game at Pompey, I'd be picking Iredale. I'd be more sure of what he's going to contribute offensively, defensively, aerially and even verbally/organisationally.  Virtually.

7 hours ago, Zico said:

I don't think either have hit the heights of John in the season before last when he and Fossey were flying up and down the wings

but I've been impressed with Iredale this season in terms of getting forward

in any case, we missed John last season, but not this

John might have flown up the wing but it was never more than a half arsed, disinterested saunter getting back.

He's a wrongun.

4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Looks OK to me, but I'd be lieing if I said I'd seen enough of him against decent opposition to form a proper opinion.  Great free kick to win the league cup tie v Barrow, a skill we aren't blessed with.

Williams can have good days occasionally and is capable of scoring when he's in the mood, but if we had a play off final tomorrow, or a game at Pompey, I'd be picking Iredale. I'd be more sure of what he's going to contribute offensively, defensively, aerially and even verbally/organisationally.  Virtually.

Yes, I agree on Iredale JR, he’s definitely been the most consistent and as well as improving going forwards this season, he’s far better defensively than our current alternatives for games where we need that. Fortunately I think IE has the situation well summed up.

6 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Really? Not for me, I accept he’s young but unlike Forrester on the other side I’ve seen nothing from Ashworth that impresses me. Back to WBA after his loan I suspect, especially if were promoted.

I suspect Ashworth is already our player. Lots of whispers this was a pre-agreed loan before signing. There were similar rumours when N’Lundulu arrived on loan. 

Thought John was perfectly adequate personally, and more consistent than Williams. Fuck him though, miserable big headed dickhead. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

34 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Ashworth, N'Lundulu are young players still learning. Not long ago Thomason had been written off, by some, he's still developing but now a regular.

Add Matheson & Forester to the not regulars & remember George Johnson is to return.

Obviously some comings goings in January and we're some way from relying on loanees this season.

That said Maghoma is class.

The squad is in a good place AND opportunities to grow.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'd agree with inexperienced but not young

Anyway, Evatt's just confirmed Dan's hamstring injury is going to keep him out for a number of months

What a shit thing that is

Shite!

Wonder if that may change their thinking over Carty?

Little article in the BN about him coming back, having a little rest then training with B/first team before deciding what to do.

Maybe put him on the bench over Christmas period?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Shite!

Wonder if that may change their thinking over Carty?

Little article in the BN about him coming back, having a little rest then training with B/first team before deciding what to do.

Maybe put him on the bench over Christmas period?

He can't play until January, international clearance doesn't kick in until then. He might well get on the bench in the new year though.

As an aside, talking to an Altrincham fan last night -Sitole or whatever he's called is crap by all accounts