Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

14 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

57 goals in his last 81 matches in the third tier, and out of favour at his current club ad therefore available

If we end up looking fir a quick fix to help get us up, he'd be a good bet

And he may be getting left out as he's out of contract 

I wouldn't describe him as dog shit but reckon he could do a job

If that situation ever arose 

7 minutes ago, tomski said:

1:38 is why he’s dog shit. That goes upfield then it’s done 

That's why you don't bring 11 back at corners.  Let defenders/midfielders defend, and attackers attack, with the odd exception (Kev Davies etc).  Anyway we've never judged Charles on his all round game, we talk about the goals he scores, not how many times he loses possession easily in our half.

Happy New Year everyone and let’s hope we get it off to the best of starts tomorrow. January sales open but for me we just need to keep what we’ve got. I really don’t see anyone offering enough for either Charles or Rico to tempt us to sell so hopefully the window will pass and we’re still all in one piece and onward and upward to the Championship. Successful clubs don’t sell their best players half way through a season.

8 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Happy New Year everyone and let’s hope we get it off to the best of starts tomorrow. January sales open but for me we just need to keep what we’ve got. I really don’t see anyone offering enough for either Charles or Rico to tempt us to sell so hopefully the window will pass and we’re still all in one piece and onward and upward to the Championship. Successful clubs don’t sell their best players half way through a season.

Hear hear. 👍

7 hours ago, Big E said:

Have we signed anyone yet….

10 hours the window has been opened, and not so much as a rumour, we really do have a set of owners with zero ambition

Whatever happened to all that bond money btw

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

We could chuck a cheeky bid in for Rhodes :)

another one who's found his level in league one, not one for going forward if we get promotion. That said, reckon Huddersfield would be happy to sell him, can't see him being allowed to be "sold" if he's currently out on loan.  

It was half said in jest but I reckon Hudds would snap your hand off for a few bob.

Lets worry about next season in the summer. Lets get out of this gaff first.

Keeping Dion is imperative.

15 minutes ago, embankment said:

4 week window. 

Right now , I would be settle for no players going out .

Incoming could be very risky .

Would have to be a special to slot straight into the side .

We are light on numbers at the moment and with a heavy schedule of games coming we need at least two incoming. Hope we can hold onto what we have got

3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

We are light on numbers at the moment and with a heavy schedule of games coming we need at least two incoming. Hope we can hold onto what we have got

Yep , I have thought that through. 

Just happy I don't have to decide who would enhance the squad . And the financial situation is a balancing act .