Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

2 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Perhaps when you read Robbie Savage using that excuse to get a move to Blackburn from Birmingham

When his home was in Wrexham............Perhaps you take quotes from Footballers with a pinch of salt

It’s a bit different. Savage used the move closer to home as an excuse to leave. Alfie May went out of his way to find a club closer to home in summer. 

That Shrewsbury - Liverpool tie 2 years ago, I recall there was a bit of a clamour on here to sign the one that scored twice in the first game, Jason Cummings (looked up his name, quiet work day). 

Strange how these names come and go never to be heard of again.  We've not done too bad with Charles.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That Shrewsbury - Liverpool tie 2 years ago, I recall there was a bit of a clamour on here to sign the one that scored twice in the first game, Jason Cummings (looked up his name, quiet work day). 

The Cumdog.

41 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Strange how these names come and go never to be heard of again.  We've not done too bad with Charles.

Went to the World Cup with ... Australia.

1 hour ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

It’s a bit different. Savage used the move closer to home as an excuse to leave. Alfie May went out of his way to find a club closer to home in summer. 

iirc eddie howe were homesick while managing at burnley. 

carlos tevez said it to once when he wanted to move to spain, but soneone figured out that where he were , were actually closer to argentina "as the crow flies" if you fly the actual shortest route. that made me laugh , even if it werent true. 

might have been "its 'closer' to argentina , but youre just not sat in a aeroplane for about half an hour more closer. " 

1 hour ago, Cheshire Youri said:

Went to the World Cup with ... Australia.

Loved the video where he was trying to give advice to Messi 😂 he’s absolutely mental but well worth watching a few of his videos on a Friday afternoon. The clamour at the airport when he signed for the team in India was bonkers. Just avoid his failed panenka against Dundee Utd.   

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

iirc eddie howe were homesick while managing at burnley. 

carlos tevez said it to once when he wanted to move to spain, but soneone figured out that where he were , were actually closer to argentina "as the crow flies" if you fly the actual shortest route. that made me laugh , even if it werent true. 

might have been "its 'closer' to argentina , but youre just not sat in a aeroplane for about half an hour more closer. " 

Surely tevez just wanted to go somewhere where everyone spoke Spanish 

5 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Perhaps when you read Robbie Savage using that excuse to get a move to Blackburn from Birmingham

When his home was in Wrexham............Perhaps you take quotes from Footballers with a pinch of salt

Savage's parents were in Wrexham. He lived in Solihull at the time. He's a lying skank & just wanted out.

May was another matter & genuinely wanted home ... SE London/Kent.

55 minutes ago, Zico said:

Surely tevez just wanted to go somewhere where everyone spoke Spanish 

yeah you'd think , but what was used as the excuse werent that. 

"they cant even lie properly" was said when comparing it to leicester's robbie savage. 

i remember laughing a lot while it was pointed out to me.