Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0-3 Boro

bolton va va

In the formation we played today, at least he breaks up play and closes their players down.

This WA always going to be the issue after last season

He's a fucking fraud

He's the best player in the world at just arriving just too late to tackle someone before they've passed it.

Not once has he ever arrived to tackle someone and take the ball.

He runs around beautifully to appear like he's doing something but is actually a yard behind the entire match

Ofcourse it doesn't help playing alongside Derik who an absolutely pile of shite

In the formation we played today, at least he breaks up play and closes their players down.

This WA always going to be the issue after last season

Thought he did alright today really. Another bloke was fair livid and said he did nothing, didn't touch the ball for 25 minutes. I agree broke it up and moved it about, he's always going to take flack because of his position. Having no players anywhere near Madine and playing Darby are more acute issues for me. One critique of Pratley though is that under no circumstances should he be allowed to shoot.

I think this must be the worst 2nd tier side we've ever had, it's certainly worse than the one that got relegated 18 months ago.

Mind you, Ken's sold Clough and Holding and not put a fucking penny into the side since then.

Fuck off you cretin

Not got a problem with us playing 4-5-1. Problem today was that we had a back four with five midfielders 5 yards in front and then Madine 50 yards down the pitch on his own. If we go 4-5-1 we need the wider players in more attacking positions and one of the midfielders to push up and support Madine. If we go 4-4-2 we'll get destroyed because the midfield is as weak as piss. Pratley, Karacan, Cullen have all been dreadful so far this season.

• Site Supporter

Not got a problem with us playing 4-5-1. Problem today was that we had a back four with five midfielders 5 yards in front and then Madine 50 yards down the pitch on his own. If we go 4-5-1 we need the wider players in more attacking positions and one of the midfielders to push up and support Madine. If we go 4-4-2 we'll get destroyed because the midfield is as weak as piss. Pratley, Karacan, Cullen have all been dreadful so far this season.

Beginning to wonder weather we should miss midfield out.

Five at the back, wing backs pushing on. Two cloggers in midfield and play three up. If we're going to launch it anyhow, then get support to GM and make the opposition do some defending. Worked for the crazy gang, until they fragmented and got old, so maybe a means to an end.

We'd get thrapped a few times, though that's happening anyhow, but if we pick led up a few points then who knows.

Survival at all costs, get the embargo shifted, then move on.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

I've looked at Boro's bench again. I'd go as far as saying all 7 would be starters if they were added to our squad tomorrow.

We need to add a bit more quality if we can, especially in midfield.

Saying that the Birmingham performance was much better than anything we managed away under Lennon. The poorer teams can be beaten.

We can have 24 players, vela and ameobi are out Taylor, Derek, Darby and wheater are doubts for Tuesday night that leaves 18 for Sheffield game. Efl are shafting us big style we should at least be allowed to play are youngsters. On the boro game the difference for me is that they like most teams we play kept the ball much better than us always seem to have someone available for the pass, when we have it there never seems to be anyone available and we just end up lumping it. Didn't think their was much in it till the second goal. Keep the faith a win could change everything

Last time out Charlton and mk were poor and still finished 10 points above us, maybe this time burton could be on a par with us?

Looked at that team that finished against Fulham and the team yesterday is miles better on paper imo

Was saying yesterday need to get something from these two home games but perhaps we may play better on the road Ipswich lost 3 on bounce, villa seem to be unsettled or perhaps I'm clutching at straws????

When playing a team like Boro you need the roll of the ball at least.

Their keeper wasn't exactly inactive despite their ball possession.

Traore on another day with another ref would have walked first half.

Not one of our players would get in the Boro team.

Based on the above the team didn't do that badly,clinical finishing for goals one and two however did for us.

When playing a team like Boro you need the roll of the ball at least.

Their keeper wasn't exactly inactive despite their ball possession.

Traore on another day with another ref would have walked first half.

Not one of our players would get in the Boro team.

Based on the above the team didn't do that badly,clinical finishing for goals one and two however did for us.

see I didn't see clinical

The first that boro lad wriggled through 2 challenges before running away to cross he should have been felt with. Then no marking on a big lad like that

The second not to sure if it was wheater could of made a challenge ok maybe at the risk of a penalty but the target man was lost again its simple stuff imo