Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton (H)

TrickyTrotter

Jammy bastards. 

Perfectly valid goal chalked off. 

A strong penalty appeal waved away.

Kachunga inches off twice.

Dapo hitting the post.

Fuck sake, feels like a loss but should take great encouragement from the performance levels. Keep playing like that and we'll be marching up the league.

The most undeserved point Burton will have for many a year, the officials will surely get demoted after this

Burton well and truly played off the park, chances galore and a penalty and clear goal not given, VAR would have embarrassed that linesman, disgusting that he has taken away 2 points, ref should never listen to him again.

Well played Bolton, we played the football,they were relying on throw ins and sloppy passes from our defenders

Edited by Didledee

A deeply frustrating night and an absolutely atrocious ref. The upside .... we'd have taken a record of 2-3-1 before the season. Burton are pacesetters and we've outplayed them - and all without Sheehan, John, Ameachi and Baka.

There'll be other days when we get the rub of the green. And even before today we were still owed one from Oxford's forward punching the ball in to his path to score. 

Sometimes the more important thing is how you conduct yourself, especially in front of the cameras.

IE will need to learn how to behave though, that’s consecutive league yellow cards.

We played brilliantly and the crowd were good too.

In today’s society the result is almost secondary.

I mean I know Kachunga's got a song like, but... Not convinced. 

Shitter to come out of that with just a point especially with upcoming fixtures, though in a way I'm quite proud we've given a good account of ourselves on telly. Talking about our play for once rather than off field stuff.

Just lack a cutting edge. I'll take mid table and go big next season.

Can't fault a single player tonight. I thought they were excellent to a man. Brave on the ball, patient in possession but always threatening, untroubled at the back apart from a mistake by Santos. The Welsh lads were superb. 

Massively frustrating not to get all 3 points - but we'll play far worse than that and win this season......

Won't be long until the "we don't score enough" brigade come out. Despite us being one of the most prolific teams so far this season.

Expect Doyle to finish those chances he had before the offside goal and Kachunga was literally about an inch away from scoring twice. Bit more sharpness and as the season wears on we will start punishing teams

If our number 7 had appealed and been as animated (as their keeper did for Lees goal) when he was pushed with both hands in the last minute, then I have no doubt that the referee would have given a penalty.

Instead he just went half down and appeared disinterested.

Seeing out his contract. Get rid.

Edited by captainmed