Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pompey (H)

Ani

10 hours ago, captainmed said:

We’ll win tomorrow but can’t help feeling we’ll have to win at Peterborough too and we simply won’t.

Our away form against the teams currently in the top 13 is:

Won: 1 (ONE).

Drawn: 5

Lost: 5.

Unbelievably awful. 

If we win tomorrow I see the game at Posh being a dead rubber with them saving players for the play offs because I expect them to slip up between now and then. We just have to make sure we don’t.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

If we win tomorrow I see the game at Posh being a dead rubber with them saving players for the play offs because I expect them to slip up between now and then. We just have to make sure we don’t.

Tomorrow?

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

As much as anything else, it shows we’re capable of shifting 23,000 home tickets even at £30 a chuck which has rarely been the case for us.

Been awake since 7 and still keep flipping between expecting a win and expecting a defeat. Such a big game it’s unreal. Great to be a part of, really. 

And the thing is, even a win today stands for fuck all if we don’t go on to beat Shrewsbury. And that will mean fuck all if we don’t go on to beat Port Vale.

Hopefully, if all the stars are aligned, we’ll be going to Peterborough to continue the party which started straight after the Port Vale game.

6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

And the thing is, even a win today stands for fuck all if we don’t go on to beat Shrewsbury. And that will mean fuck all if we don’t go on to beat Port Vale.

Hopefully, if all the stars are aligned, we’ll be going to Peterborough to continue the party which started straight after the Port Vale game.

If we win today then we win Tuesday. Win both of those and we’ll stick five past Vale*. Can’t be many teams who end up with three home games in a week at this stage of the season, and the momentum could be invaluable.

*Got to make sure Vale don’t score six this time 😂 

35 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

As much as anything else, it shows we’re capable of shifting 23,000 home tickets even at £30 a chuck which has rarely been the case for us.

Been awake since 7 and still keep flipping between expecting a win and expecting a defeat. Such a big game it’s unreal. Great to be a part of, really. 

Definitely.

Last season some of our family days we celebrated getting 19,000? 

Today there will be roughly 23/24,000 Wanderers at £30 ticket

It will also be interesting to see how the ticket exchange has impacted the empty seats from vacant ST holders.

There's been a lot of 'red dots' purchased since the introduction. 

We might be seeing a more true, full Reebok than we have done for some time.

In just a few weeks the season will be over, and by June we will already be missing Saturday afternoons massively. 

Days like today is what it's all about.

LOUD FROM THE 1ST MINUTE!

WE CAN DO THIS!

COYWM

2 hours ago, batton carrier said:

He looks like he might be a bit of an attention seeker .

I haven't met the guy so I may be wrong.

I met him at Fearnys funeral years ago, top chap, used to follow England everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Was listening to the radio yesterday when this came on.

Was also thinking about today's game, and all I could imagine was our Irish contingent dancing a jig after scoring and thousands of mad limbs doing likewise.

Been an ear worm ever since.

Well it's not exactly Whisky in the jar 

8 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

There’s no harm in him ffs.

Met him in the Newcome Arms in Portsmouth years ago, the only offensive thing about him is his odour.

Aye, he's a bit "outgoing" for me & not popular with all Pompey fans but he's looked after Bolton fans down there, was with some Bolton this season, & made the effort to come up for Ferny's funeral. He's alright.

& today.....not a good start, i see the 5-13 train back to town is cancelled !!

There’s a sound Pompey lad who moved to the top of Halliwell years ago, everytime we play them up here he invites about 20 lads up & they stay in a local hotel.

They seem a decent bunch to be fair.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

There’s a sound Pompey lad who moved to the top of Halliwell years ago, everytime we play them up here he invites about 20 lads up & they stay in a local hotel.

They seem a decent bunch to be fair.

The bloke I saw in Asda seemed a good lad. I told him he’d need the paracetamol for the trip home. 
He was staying somewhere in Swinton and was with his wife.

We wished each other good luck, neither of us meaning it and we parted on good terms.