Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

47 minutes ago, tomski said:

Play rugby at our place is one of the worst shouts I’ve read on here. No amount of money could make me want to be that tinpot.

I've got a better idea.

We'll tell this Danson if he wants to buy the ground on it's own we'll chuck him a bit of pocket change and have the B Team play there. Problem solved all round. 

While Danson is a rugby league man it seems that his footballing affiliation is with United. There's obviously no accounting for taste but hopefully that's some insurance that he's not about to start throwing the word "ambition" around footballing circles in pie land. 

Wasn't there a Prem ref called Danson in our time in the top flight? I was wondering why it was a surname with negative connotations! 

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

While Danson is a rugby league man it seems that his footballing affiliation is with United. There's obviously no accounting for taste but hopefully that's some insurance that he's not about to start throwing the word "ambition" around footballing circles in pie land. 

Wasn't there a Prem ref called Danson in our time in the top flight? I was wondering why it was a surname with negative connotations! 

Paul Danson - he was a bad un

Last i heard on Latics Speyk they are on about closing parts of the stadium to create an atmosphere and be more cost effective.

Maybe someone should point out

1, You might not even start the season

2, Even if you do start the season, there's a likely chance you'll be paying rent to Wigan Warriors.

3, Your club could be expelled from the league by the EFL unless you find money or a buyer very very soon.

4, Jelly and ice cream is a dish best served ice cold - Karma.

5, You’re Tinpot.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Last i heard on Latics Speyk they are on about closing parts of the stadium to create an atmosphere and be more cost effective.

Maybe someone should point out

1, You might not even start the season

2, Even if you do start the season, there's a likely chance you'll be paying rent to Wigan Warriors.

3, Your club could be expelled from the league by the EFL unless you find money or a buyer very very soon.

4, Jelly and ice cream is a dish best served ice cold - Karma.

5, Tinpot.

6. You could all fit in one behind the goals stand. 

On Latics Speyk they seem to consoling themselves that the players won't just walk if wages are not paid. - Their logic is that the players are on such high wages they will not get offered as much elsewhere. They actually probably need some of those players to walk asap or their wage bill remains just as unaffordable as it is now . 

If you think in our case how long it took from the deal being agreed to completed they are months off. They do not have an offer on the table as far as anyone knows. They are relying on a local Rugby League who supports United to blindly Chuck millions in. 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Ani said:

Their logic is that the players are on such high wages they will not get offered as much elsewhere

They are such deluded cunts that they’ll expect a player to stay at the club whilst not getting paid £8k/week rather than going elsewhere and actually getting paid; no matter the drop.

3 minutes ago, TM Trotter said:

"Humble pie" really is a delicacy, isn't it? Wonder how well it goes with jelly and ice cream?

'umble was all the offal & innards left when the toffs had the good stuff. ... & I'm not talking liver & kidney. We're into lung, spleen & oesophagus.

So, tbh, it's very fitting.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

41 minutes ago, MickyD said:

They are such deluded cunts that they’ll expect a player to stay at the club whilst not getting paid £8k/week rather than going elsewhere and actually getting paid; no matter the drop.

I guess that's the money the club are obliged to pay, sooner or later, save for if they go into Liquidation. So there is some logic to the thinking.