Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Glad our footy season is over roll call...

gonzo

Anyone else relieved and glad its all over for a bit?

Felt proper drained with it all towards the end. Constantly planning and think of how to get to games and financial pressure.

Happy with a few months off

46 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Know what you mean. I definitely have a bittersweet sense of relief that we've avoided getting smashed by Sheffield Wednesday at Wembley.

To be honest I didn't have much hope at Wembley v Plymouth but we ripped them a new arse.  Got a couple of England internationals to attend, but glad it's over myself

Yep.

Defeat at Wembley after spunking £100's would have plummeted me to Stoke-esque lows.

I'm fortunate enough to still just about have a pot to piss in, but it's empty and I've spent the money I set aside to give Junior a helping start to Uni on taking them around the country this season instead.

Business is still quiet, sadly, as the cost of living greed crisis continues to bite for many of us.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Anyone else relieved and glad its all over for a bit?

Felt proper drained with it all towards the end. Constantly planning and think of how to get to games and financial pressure.

Happy with a few months off

Gayest post on here in a long time! When are the fixtures out 😉

I’d have loved another week of it, personally. Not least because we gambled and took the risk. And after seeing the cost of the attractions in That London, we will be avoiding all chance of bumping in to any Sheff Weds & Barnsley and going to Brighton for the day. 

• Members

Quite happy football season is over, at least I've got cricket to keep me going all summer.  Don't know how anyone who isn't into either watching or playing a summer sport get through it, especially with no World Cup or Euros.

7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Quite happy football season is over, at least I've got cricket to keep me going all summer.  Don't know how anyone who isn't into either watching or playing a summer sport get through it, especially with no World Cup or Euros.

@tomski was saying Friday how excited he is to be watching you play on weekends now 

5 minutes ago, tomski said:

No football is rubbish. I have no other hobbies. This summer is now geared up to going to every pub in Bolton I haven’t been to yet and become a 100%er. 

You could do a tour of local cricket grounds following @DazBob