Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham a

radcliffe white

Really encouraging result and performance again, great to see Vic and Dion on score sheet and working well together. 

Starting on front foot and scoring first is our biggest evolution so far on last season, makes the whole game much easier and takes all the time wasting and shithousery out of the equation. 

Another marker laid. Beautiful. We're absolute beasts with a large side order of sexy sweetness......haven't been this confident since 97/98.

Team looks good. Squad looks hungry. Winning 3-0 at grounds we traditionally piss around at is great signs. 

Hopefully we carry on, I reckon we. Have transitioned from a top 6 team to a top 3 team, they're hungry, young and confident.

Great days to be a Bolton fan, wouldn't rule out a good cup run either. Hopefully Wrexham go out early so we've half a chance of being noticed by the BBC.

Victor looks like he's done nothing but bench press for six weeks. He'll bag loads, so will Dion and I've got Dan down for 10+

• Members

One thing we've quietly addressed over the last few transfer windows is the team's height and physicality

The further up the pyramid we go, the bigger and stronger the players are, and I remember watching us the season before last and thinking we're far too small, but we've now got some right units milling about for us

It can only be a good thing

1 hour ago, ianofcleveleys said:

Really encouraging result and performance again, great to see Vic and Dion on score sheet and working well together. 

Starting on front foot and scoring first is our biggest evolution so far on last season, makes the whole game much easier and takes all the time wasting and shithousery out of the equation. 

I think the biggest improvements are, as you say the front 2 scoring (before October) and the goals from set pieces. But maybe it’s too early to say we are starting on front foot more than last season, we did exactly the same last season in the first 2 (tougher) games. And if the cup is counted, scored more in the first 3. Early days, but 2 home wins this week would be a massive statement.

Just got back. 

Train delays on way back, Leeds fans being real wankers singing racists shit, full 'Zigger Zigger' tbf other Leeds fans told them to stop. 

Very unhappy bunch they are Gnotto refusing to play. So apparently should 'fuck back off to Rwanda' 

3 hours ago, ianofcleveleys said:

Vic didn’t score, but i see what you’re saying.

A big plus for me is how we’ve discovered how to score from set pieces - a nice addition to our game.

The lads look very confident & Rico looks unbeatable.

Onwards & upwards.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Just back, & this was just as good & just as emphatic as last Saturday.

Santos & Iredale look too good for this division, Dempsey, Sheehan & Morley completely dominated midfield, Charles & Vic are beginning to show an understanding as well as being a constant pain to their defenders & all the subs kept up the standard.

Very hard to pick a MOTM, they were all good, but i'll go for Sheehan.....if he misplaced a pass or lost possession, I didn't see it.

It's too soon to go overboard & we haven't played anyone decent yet, but this squad is looking like the real deal for this division. EIEIEIfuckingO.

6 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

When were we last top of this league?

When did we last win first 2 games of season?

When did we last not concede 1st 3 competitive games of season?

When were we last 3-0 up away from home?

Hopefully this and more "best since" questions can be asked after the Fleetwood game.

We must have been near the top of the Championship after taking 10 points from our opening four games in 2018/19. After that we won only once again before Boxing Day and it became one of the most miserable seasons I can remember.

Correct answer is probably a couple of seasons earlier than that, when we were in L1 with Parky. We won the first four and went undefeated in seven.

• Members

Great start to the season. Hopefully the 10 match assessment deadline we set will make for some fine reading.

Now then, this terrible pre season we had..:roll:  Wrist Slashers Anonymous must be desperately seeking another catalyst.

3 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

We must have been near the top of the Championship after taking 10 points from our opening four games in 2018/19. After that we won only once again before Boxing Day and it became one of the most miserable seasons I can remember.

Correct answer is probably a couple of seasons earlier than that, when we were in L1 with Parky. We won the first four and went undefeated in seven.

Were nt we top two seasons ago when Evatt made his infamous best team in the league comment ?

Then we got battered by Wigan ! 

• Site Supporter

Well what a day!

Perfect first away game. Great win, great performance, met loads from here, trains ran well, Cheltenham fans are a nice bunch - very complimentary about us.

We’re absolutely miles from it yet, but loved @Biggish Dave’s 96/97 feel, why not have the belief that something magic like that can happen again? 

COYFWM 👏