Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln (H)

desperado

It's easy to predict Bolton will be up there come end of season, think we'll also score loads more than last season, longer matches and scoring set pieces more often will see to that.

Our new goalie may not have an easier game, though I think there's probably more than half of the teams very similar to Lincoln, who just won't be able to touch us, especially at home.

Edited by Didledee

6 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

'Jules' on a Lincoln forum says ... "As for the chant about being "fucking useless", the only people that are is the footballing authorities in this country for letting cheats like Bolton do what they have".

Errr.... rightie-o !

Jules runs the Imps forum - he's the knob that gave me a lifetime ban 2 years ago for typing "great goal" when we scored a great goal against them. I was watching their forum today and the general consensus was that BWFC are dirty bastards and that the refs are in our pocket.

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Solid performances all round, and feel we could have shifted up a gear if we'd needed to.

Yep, good performance, job done, and agree, could have shifted up a gear. Thought Dempsey was fantastic.

40 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

'Jules' on a Lincoln forum says ... "As for the chant about being "fucking useless", the only people that are is the footballing authorities in this country for letting cheats like Bolton do what they have".

Errr.... rightie-o !

He's weird that bloke. He cant mention us without some snide comment about our finances. We went into admin, lost 12 points, lost all our players, were relegated and he seems to think we've somehow cheated. Fuck him and fuck Lincoln. 3-0 ya bastards! 

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Brilliant ❤️

Did any of you put a bet on? 

I'm not a gambling man myself, but my mate who I go to the game with is. He asked me what I thought before the game, I said 3-0, genuinely just because of the replies/humorous replies that you quoted. Anyway, 3-0 up and I ask him "did you put that on?"...yes he says, "how much?".... 2 quid?!?!?!?! What's the fucking point????? 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, boogs said:

I'm not a gambling man myself, but my mate who I go to the game with is. He asked me what I thought before the game, I said 3-0, genuinely just because of the replies/humorous replies that you quoted. Anyway, 3-0 up and I ask him "did you put that on?"...yes he says, "how much?".... 2 quid?!?!?!?! What's the fucking point????? 😂😂😂

Haha

What were the odds?

Fantastic result that, seems a bit flat on here for a 3 nil opening day win.

Williams was like a different player, some very good deliveries and overall play, and Dacres-Cogley looks a good solid player.

Bench is a worry for me especially if every game is going to end up being 100/110 minutes.

12 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Fantastic result that, seems a bit flat on here for a 3 nil opening day win.

Williams was like a different player, some very good deliveries and overall play, and Dacres-Cogley looks a good solid player.

Bench is a worry for me especially if every game is going to end up being 100/110 minutes.

Everyone else will be playing the same number of minutes as well and plenty of teams with much bigger concerns at their lack of depth.

Our bench is strong, once PM and MG get fitter and train more with squad then they will be pushing for starts. Thomason also fighting for starts. 

The longer games will likely play into our hands as teams will tire more quickly. But don't expect long spells at full throttle,   like today lots of ball retention to save energy, then hit with short spells of higher intensity play.

Edited by CambridgeBWFC