Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 3 Rotherham 2

globaldiver

Really happy with the way we managed to grind a win out tonight. My biggest annoyance all match was Lonergan's positioning for their free kick. What's the fucking point of sticking your wall on one side of the goal if you're gonna stand behind it? I'm right behind the goal and said all along where their player was going to put it. Basic goalkeeping, it really is.

Anyway, several positives and Mason's header was sublime. His miss in injury time was embarrassing but I'll let him off. Onwards and upwards.

• Moderators

Once we had some width (and wingers on the right side of the pitch this time) we looked a different proposition. Still far too many balls given away, especially from our captain. And piss poor defending at times.

lee and feeney are both right wingers

so, on saturday one was 'on the wrong wing'

same as tonight

fwiw, id play feeney as my first choice right winger and lee could play left if we have nobody else

First hour terrible, no width, no urgency, caught on the counter attack repeatedly,us playing a patient passing game waiting for a mistake that would inevitability be ours. Moxey left exposed.. last half hour was great when we had them stretched. I like feeney plays a very simple game,chung made a difference as an option with a bit of class. C Davies ran himself into the ground. I honestly think the team we finished with is decent.just hope he starts with it for a few weeks. The starting formation was baffling. Great entertainment though,reminded me why I bother going! Good atmosphere considering the situation. We've papered over a few cracks but for tonight I'm going to enjoy the new wallpaper..

Folk who have put as much time in as most on here are entitled to their opinion without being dismissed as 'moaning cunts'. Yes, as a lifelong BWFC fan a win makes me happy. But ultimately I see us getting fewer of them with a man in charge who's spent two years clearly demonstrating he's not up to the job. So forgive me for not getting giddy.

I don't rate Feeney but I think he has to be on the right if selected so I'd go with that certainly

He's a limited player but his one knack is get down the wing and stick the ball in, so asking him to do that from the left is a nono. Lee has more guile so works better on the left.

Odd starting 11 (had we had an actual right back id be happier) but when Lee and Feeney came on we looked worlds different. It was a similar formation to our decent run last year.

Id like to see that side play at the weekend hopefully chunky Davies can handle another game.

Craig Davies goes down too softly at times but when he stays strong hes a damn nuisance for defences.

• Site Supporter

Chuffed with a win, entertained for once too but Rotherham had enough chances to get a point and would have won if that shot which hit the post had gone in.

Vital win too because I don't see us getting much change out of the next 2 games at least, I've not looked any further than them.

Better than it has been, more of the same please

It was clear to us all on Saturday that Feeney was on the wrong wing and was useless, but last night letting him bomb forward and then Chungy playing a proper left midfield role balanced the team better.

Moxy is still a problem but when Chungy came on he just concentrated on defending which made him slightly better. Still need a right back though as Ream is to left footed.

Good win and agree he has to leave the team that finished the game alone now to see what happens.

Chuffed with a win, entertained for once too but Rotherham had enough chances to get a point and would have won if that shot which hit the post had gone in.

Vital win too because I don't see us getting much change out of the next 2 games at least, I've not looked any further than them.

Better than it has been, more of the same please

Sorry Dave but that's bullshit. We had so many great chances/attacks that second half we should have racked up half a dozen. Lofty blind folded could have buried some of them.

The players were very nervous but hopefully now that monkey Is gone they might feel a bit more at ease and kick on.

Freedman needs to realise that when we have a go at teams we create a good amount of chances. We did leave the back door open a bit but that's football, we have to take the game to the opposition and not worry about the consequences too much all the time. Its no good only getting on the front foot when we are 1-0 down.

Edited by tylswhite

Loving how one decent performance makes Dervite a world beater.

Not long since he as being slated on here for being shit.

You fickle cunts.

Perhaps those slating him just haven't a clue, or Rotherham made him look good, let's see how he performs against better opposition, my early opinion is we found a good one.

Just relieved to see us get 3 points,honestly thought it we had literally forgotten how to hold a lead and win a game when it went 2-2. Thought Mills' clearance from the free kick was similar to Neo in the Matrix 2. Different side after bringing Chungy and Feeney, whom playing on the right looks more balanced as he does not own a left foot, and Chungy gave us more balance/support on't left. Big difference was when Ream (no right foot) and Moxey were allowed to pass half way line and put pressure on there back 4, which although at times defensively it looked like Dervite/Mills vs the world, I rather see that and us create more than one chance a game. Cannot wait for last half hour to put teams under the pump though and I fear a 27 minute performance only against a decent Wolves side will lead to only one thing. Just nice to go into work and not have the same "yep we were shit again" and "well Im not arsed how crap we are, you obviously don't get it do you."Keeping the faith (slightly, and not so much in Douglas.)

The game opened up as they were chasing the game and yes we should have put the game to bed on 2 or 3 occasions.

And yes it was a welcome win.

But If theirs had gone in and not hit the bar for 2-0, we would not have won and even then only a linesman's flag in stoppage time saved the day.  

Lets not get carried away after beating a side at home, who are favourites for relegation, with a wage budget a fraction of ours.

The euphoria after this win sums up how far we have really fallen.   

It was in essence an exciting game between two sides devoid of any real quality.

Lets see what the incompetent one does for Wolves as he surely cannot drop Mason and Craig Davies had a good game too.

What balls will the bingo machine spit out I wonder? 

Loving how one decent performance makes Dervite a world beater.

Not long since he as being slated on here for being shit.

You fickle cunts.

Dont think it was said exactly like that

I havent seen much of him but what i saw he looked like he could be a good un

Watch him get his arse ripped against wolves