Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Does anyone know if Collins is any good?  Some strikers in this league register with me, I've heard of Collins but can't say I've ever noticed him.

From what IE was saying, we have a price for a player and if its turned down we walk away and don't get into an auction, £600k seems more than enough unless he's nailed on quality.  

He was the League One player of the season last year. Obviously hasn't hit the heights this year in terms of goals but is still top for assists in the division.

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

Feels like one in for Collins to come at the fees being banded. That says my guy says it will be Charles and not Victor. No itk just a feeling

Yeah, from what I can see he looks like a better version of Charles

I can't really see Charles leaving though

13 minutes ago, tomski said:

Feels like one in for Collins to come at the fees being banded. That says my guy says it will be Charles and not Victor. No itk just a feeling

Be a gamble if we sell Charles, he’s on course to get 25 goals this season. If we sold him there’s no guarantee where the goals would come from

20 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Be a gamble if we sell Charles, he’s on course to get 25 goals this season. If we sold him there’s no guarantee where the goals would come from

I think we'd find a way in most games that we've won with Charles scoring, and we may improve overall in others if Collins (or whoever) is more of an all round player.  Charles has scored 2 since end November (v Orient and Fleetwood) and we've still won 6 out of the last 7.

Others are capable of stepping up when we are the better team, it doesn't have to be the strikers, and that's not to understimate what Charles brings, but he'll be replaced eventually.

& Moxon.......seen him twice now this season & both times he's looked like a very poor man's Morley, he's 26 so not that much improvement in him & Carlisle fans say he hasn't kicked on at all from being very good in div 2 last season & questioning his character for letting his agent lead him by the nose. I wouldn't be hoping we go for him.

& reading up on Aaron Collins, he sounds similar to Moxon above, same age, one very good season last season but bobbins this season.  Looks quite a gamble with most of our ( & summer's ) transfer kitty & if he came, I wouldn't expect an instant impact from him which would quickly have some gobbins on his back.

Collins has a lot more to his game than goals, he’s a playmaker.

I’d keep all of them and add him as a fifth, but there’s a lot of gossip. Charles (Preston?), Vic overseas, Bod Cambridge, Cam too old they say. All done a job. So not impossible we could get Ennis and Collins.

Charles has lost some form recently, no one can question his work rate or pressing but when the goals dry up as they have recently, it highlights he hasn’t got much else in the locker.

2 hours ago, tomski said:

I'd be astonished if you sold Dion this Window, short of a stupid bid. Even then we'd be after a serious replacement. 

I don’t think it means Dion or Vic are off right now but I do think there’s a degree of med - long term planning going on here. It’s inevitable one (probably Dion) or both could be gone in the not too distant future and this type of signing is bang on in terms of our business model. 

we’re currently in a position where we’ve got 3 in to 2 not working and JDB has voiced his frustrations about that. 4 in to 2 with 3 of them costing an avg of £500k will cause even more of a headache as each one of them will expect to be one of the main men 

Learnt not to judge Evatt/Markham, but I’ve seen a couple of tweets from Bristol Rovers fans saying Collins wants to be a left winger, but they now play 3-5-2 and he’s tried & failed playing behind a striker.

If that is the case I’m confused, but excited all the same and trust we have it right. Great to see the board sanctioning the rumoured fee. 

44 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

If Evatt believes Collins is the man he wants then I’ll trust him know more than any of us do and clearly he does want him if he’s offered £600k.

Just seen this on the Gas forum.. 

Screenshot_20240128_193648_Chrome.jpg