Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan (H)

desperado

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That also suggests work on the training pitch was ineffective. 

Seems like a lack of understanding. 

Can't disagree. So many things went wrong yesterday that it's almost irrelevant. Just an observation that probably demonstrates that I'm still in the "bargaining" stage of grief. 

3 hours ago, W.cramp said:

Evatt can now see where our shortcomings are and perhaps that performance is what was needed to do this.   I trust evatt to sort this and next Saturday is the perfect chance to show this.

It's difficult but let's move on lads.

I really hope you're right but what stopped him seeing our shortcomings in this exact fixture 2 years ago? 

I can forgive defeat, I can forgive a gubbing in a derby game or an important match. I'm a Wanderers fan, I'm used to it, it happens.

It shouldn't ever feckin happen twice though.

26 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I really hope you're right but what stopped him seeing our shortcomings in this exact fixture 2 years ago? 

I can forgive defeat, I can forgive a gubbing in a derby game or an important match. I'm a Wanderers fan, I'm used to it, it happens.

It shouldn't ever feckin happen twice though.

Aye

No lessons learned from the previous fixture whatsoever

• Site Supporter

Wigan's forward players are as good as anything in the league.

Hughes looks a quality centre half and won't stay with them too long.

A small squad and lacking experience will be their downfall this season.

If they keep hold of their better players, they'll piss the league next season

1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

It was rammed everywhere yesterday the club must take some money concourses, hotel & fanzone.

bacon & sausage muffins in namploy was spot on 

Owner of namploy has really tapped into matchday. That outdoor bar is great 

Shows how shit our location is tho when our main boozer is a Thai restaurant :D

12 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Owner of namploy has really tapped into matchday. That outdoor bar is great 

Shows how shit our location is tho when our main boozer is a Thai restaurant :D

Yeah he’s tuned in that guy, outside bar works well had hot food in trays next to the pumps every opportunity to make some dosh 

1 hour ago, 1969 said:

Still.pissed off not so much at the result more to do with the lack of fight we showed.Hope the players and management realise how much the fans are hurting 

I’d love to know what methods their coaching staff use to fire up their players before they play us at our stadium.

Twice now at our place they have come out like raging bulls & perfectly motivated to be playing in a local derby, our lads on the other hand seem to just treat it as any other game and didn’t look particularly arsed that they were being battered.

12 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I’d love to know what methods their coaching staff use to fire up their players before they play us at our stadium.

Twice now at our place they have come out like raging bulls & perfectly motivated to be playing in a local derby, our lads on the other hand seem to just treat it as any other game and didn’t look particularly arsed that they were being battered.

The concern is that after the first goal went and nothing changed IE didn’t change things, we were wide open in midfield, swapping to a flat back four, putting an extra body in midfield may not have changed the result or the score, but to leave it till halftime was shocking.

13 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

The concern is that after the first goal went and nothing changed IE didn’t change things, we were wide open in midfield, swapping to a flat back four, putting an extra body in midfield may not have changed the result or the score, but to leave it till halftime was shocking.

I was thinking more about our local derby motivational methods - or lack of them

• Site Supporter

Right

It’s done now.

A MASSIVE wake up call that might just be the catalyst for promotion.

Maybe a good thing that we got this smack in the face so early in the season.

If Evatt is as good as he thinks he is, he now has a full season to ensure there are no repeats of this utter fucking bumbling shitshow.

When we win the league, we may well look back on this and thank those tinpot cunts down the road for spurring us on.

Positives lads, positives.

29 minutes ago, Spider said:

Right

It’s done now.

A MASSIVE wake up call that might just be the catalyst for promotion.

Maybe a good thing that we got this smack in the face so early in the season.

If Evatt is as good as he thinks he is, he now has a full season to ensure there are no repeats of this utter fucking bumbling shitshow.

When we win the league, we may well look back on this and thank those tinpot cunts down the road for spurring us on.

Positives lads, positives.

19 from 69 against the top 6 since we've been in  league 1

we simply need a plan b against the better sides, he needs to admit defeat and accept his method won't always work 

14 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

It was rammed everywhere yesterday the club must take some money concourses, hotel & fanzone.

bacon & sausage muffins in namploy was spot on 

The Worthingtons Bitter  is in Cans now 

a lot better then the Shit on Taps 

But they only have 6 cans per Bar 

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

That has seriously dented my confidence and I’m a happy clapper. I was convinced we had the players for automatic promotion but I’m not so sure now. 

We do. They just either didn't start on Saturday or played like rabbits in the headlights. No other team in this League will be as pumped up to play us as Wigan were on Saturday. Serious fucking let down which needs addressing, but let's not write them off 4 games into the season when we're still joint top of the league.

Still not sure how to really process it tbh.

I haven’t allowed myself get too down about it because it’s early days and we  and gave them some really cheap goals. 

It was a bit like the polar opposite of the Sunderland 6-0, that day everything went right, on Saturday everything went wrong. 

doubt many of you will watch back the highlights but 

goal 1: Dempsey loses his marker and Iredale and Santos inexplicably avoid the ball at the near post

goal 2: Jones gets bullied by Lang for strength (twice!!) the second of which Morley does an accidental through ball to Lang. Not dissimilar to what Bakayoko did for the first goal last time they beat us 4-0

goal 3: just what the fuck is that. Catalogue of errors there. Don’t know where to even begin.

goal 4: Just summed up the day. Keeper saves it only for it to loop slowly into the corner.

Jones had a stinker of a game, honestly never been so pissed off at him. Everything he did was wrong. Bad passes into the strikers particularly who aren’t blameless. But you’d think after the first 2 or 3 times he would’ve learned